We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nepal Tourism Board - opening hours during public holidays?

London, United...
3 posts
Nepal Tourism Board - opening hours during public holidays?
Save

Hey there,

I will be in Kathmandu on the 18th and 19th of October (next week), I've just realised this is during the Dashain festival. I am just hoping someone can confirm whether the Nepal Tourism Board will be open or not? If it is closed, can someone suggest alternative ways to obtain my ACAP & TIMS permit? My plan is to head to Besisahar straight after Kathmandu and not to pass through Pokhara.

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
61 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: Nepal Tourism Board - opening hours during public holidays?
Save

Hi

Normally the permit and TIMS counters operate in a fashion during the holidays. Just be prepared to spend a little extra time as they might be understaffed.

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
2. Re: Nepal Tourism Board - opening hours during public holidays?
Save

Hi

I'm not sure of the closures but I would head to the office early. The permits can also be bought on the trail either at Besisahar or Bhulbhule.

scoodly

3. Re: Nepal Tourism Board - opening hours during public holidays?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: October 14, 2019, 1:43 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.