We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everest bass camp April 2019

Esquimalt, Canada
8 posts
Everest bass camp April 2019
Save

Hi there .

I’ve booked a tour too EBC next april /May with amigo trekking .

Has anyone used amigo trekking before ?

I’ve never really done anything like this and a bit concern , I’m relatively fit and have done a few half marathon but concerned that I might need to be fitter ?

Also I’ve got a few days spare in Kathmandu before and after the trek . Any recommendations of places to see there or is there anyone else going there on these dates ?

Thanks 👍

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
61 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: Everest bass camp April 2019
Save

Hi Scot

If you can run a half marathon you are definitely fit enough but a bit training with a loaded backpack won't go astray. Kathmandu can keep you busy for quite a while but try to fit in Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath and Boudha. A visit to Patan and Bhaktapur is also highly recommended.

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

Espoo
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
2. Re: Everest bass camp April 2019
Save

I can not run more than a few steps, but that does not prevent me from going to Nepal for the eleventh time to trek for some 4 weeks. So?

Esquimalt, Canada
8 posts
3. Re: Everest bass camp April 2019
Save

Hey Eric

Thanks for your comments and recommendations for Kathmandu, I will have a look At them .

By the way great photos on your page

👍

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
4. Re: Everest bass camp April 2019
Save

Hi Scot

This article contains a little more information about places to see in KTM:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-c182391/Nepal:7.Days.Trip.An.Itinerary.In.Nepal.html

To add to Eric's suggestions:

Swayambunath: consider going to the nearby Three Buddha Park and if really interested in temple, Ichangunarayan. Kathesimbhu Stupa is a copy of the one at S and is walking distance from Thamel on the way to KTM Durbar square (though the others at Patan and Bhaktapur are better if you are choosing).

Pashupatinath: as a much quieter contrast, Gokarneswor is also a temple complex dedicated to Shiva with cremation ghats. The tow can eb combined with Boudhanath.

Boudhanath: Chabahil a smaller Stupa is worth a quick look to compare with B - like Gokarneswor you are unlikely to see other travellers.

Patan: the small museum in Durbar Square is worth some time as are the nearby Golden Tenple and Mahaboudha. For a full day maybe go to one to the Ashoka Stupas too.

Bhaktapur: a gem. Changu Narayan is a taxi ride away and Thimi is Bhaktapur's contrast - lots of temples in the streets, some traditional buildings and a good place to buy masks and pottery, few visitors.

Good luck.

scoodly

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
4,267 posts
121 reviews
61 helpful votes
5. Re: Everest bass camp April 2019
Save

Bass fishing at Everest?

Jayanagar, India
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
6. Re: Everest bass camp April 2019
Save

Please give me your email id. I am planningg for april 2019 too.

Esquimalt, Canada
8 posts
7. Re: Everest bass camp April 2019
Save

Hey I’ve messaged you

What date you going ?

8. Re: Everest bass camp April 2019

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: January 08, 2020, 3:41 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.