We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porter in Syabrubesi

Korcula Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
5 helpful votes
Porter in Syabrubesi
Save

Namaste,

I am gonna need (hopefully) to find a porter in Syabrubesi to go to Gatlang.

I was wondering of someone whould have a contact for me please ?

It would be only for 1 or 2 days to reach Gatlang and help us bring school materials.

Ideally i am looking for someone with licence from the government 😊

I am also considering to find a jeep from Syabrubesi to Gatlang but dont know if possible..

Also any additional information appreciated !

Thanks a lot

Cindy

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
1. Re: Porter in Syabrubesi
Save

Hi Cindy

Porters are not licensed by the government, as far as I know.

Porters are available in Syabrubesi and will sometimes meet people off the bus looking for work (the last time I took the bus no porters around, before that there were). If no porters ask at the hotel in SB and if not staying ask at hotels and around generally, I do not think it will be hard to find one.

I do not know if there are any public, shared jeeps from SB to Gatlang.

scoodly

Kathmandu Valley...
Level Contributor
408 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Porter in Syabrubesi
Save

Hi cindy,

As my source, the cost for private jeep drops $200 from SB to Gatlang. It I guessed that porters would be much cheaper than Jeep. There is no public bus service. Porters are available at SB.

NKT

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
3. Re: Porter in Syabrubesi
Save

A private jeep from SB to Gatlang costs $200?

Maybe NKT means KTM to Gatlang.

scoodly

Kathmandu Valley...
Level Contributor
408 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Porter in Syabrubesi
Save

I am also astonished by that source. It might be approx $100...

Last time myself have been paid a jeep $250 to pick up from Rashuwagaddhi (to/from Kathmandu).

So, better look around on the spot for the reasonable cost... or other can leave a line for cheaper.

NKT

5. Re: Porter in Syabrubesi

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: October 12, 2019, 1:42 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.