We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Consider 2 tours

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
20 helpful votes
Consider 2 tours
Save

Both tours go to Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Chitwan and Pokhara. One tour goes to Bandipur while the other goes to Pharping and Kurintar.

What can people tell me about the differences I would find in going to Bandipur vs.Pharping & Kurintar.

Thanks so much!

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
61 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: Consider 2 tours
Save

Hi

I personally would pick Bandipur over Kurintar although the Manakamana Cable Car to Kurintar is quite scenic.

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

2. Re: Consider 2 tours

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: August 10, 2018, 11:11 pm
Kathmandu Valley...
Level Contributor
252 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Consider 2 tours
Save

I agree with eric and I too like to go to Bandipur rather than Kurintar.

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
4. Re: Consider 2 tours
Save

Hi Dorie

Some thoughts:

Bandipur is asmall hill-top town with a quiet centre (it's largely free of vehicles) with a fewo old buildings. It's popular for overnights stays as a way of breaking up a road journey (e.g. between KTM and Pokhara) or as a place to relax after a trek. The views are good, assuming the weather cooperates, and there are pleasant strolls nearby.

Kurintar is not as nice as B, it's typical concrete place by the road but there might be decent places to stay nearby. Most people stay there, I think, so they can visit the temples at Manakamana which, as said, can be reached by cable car or by foot. The temples are worth a visit, if you are interested in that sort of thing, but note that if the visit is on a Saturday it will be very busy with locals.

Pharping has a number of Buddhist monasteries, a couple of caves where Guru Rinpoche (Padmasambhava) is said to have meditated. Neydo Tashi Choeling is the monastery most people visit and it has a guest house though I'm not sure you will be staying there there, there are other hotels in the village.

If it was my choice I would go to Kurintar (if it includes Manakamana) and Pharping.

scoodly

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
42 posts
14 reviews
20 helpful votes
5. Re: Consider 2 tours
Save

Thank you all for your feedback.

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
6. Re: Consider 2 tours
Save

You're welcome, Dorie.

If you do an independent tour, as per your other topic, you could go to all three places...

scoodly

7. Re: Consider 2 tours

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: August 13, 2019, 12:41 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.