We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab fare in Pokhara

Noida, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
256 reviews
57 helpful votes
Cab fare in Pokhara
Save

Hi,

We will be visiting Pokhara on 16th (afternoon) & 17th October (entire day), 2018 and planning to see Sarangkot sunrise, bindhabasini temple, Mahendra Gupha, Davis Fall, Gupteswor Cave, Phewa Lakes, & Barahi Temple. We will be staying in Lakeside hotel.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to do the sight seeing on 17th October?

2. What would be the cost (in INR) of a cab from hotel - sight seeing - hotel?

3. Can you provide any reference of a cab company or travel agent, who would be arranging cab?

4. What can we buy from Pokhara and from where?

Thanks in advance

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
1. Re: Cab fare in Pokhara
Save

Hi

1. It's Dashain but this should not impact too much on seeing the places mentioned.

2. I don't know the cost but some helpful person might know. I would expect the answer in NPR because that's the currency in Nepal.

scoodly

Nepal
Level Contributor
669 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Cab fare in Pokhara
Save

That's ample time to see all of that stuff, but not all of it is terribly interesting. A cab from the lake area of Pokhara for the day will probably cost about $25. Davis Falls is a bit of a yawner.

I think the Mountain Museum is more interesting.

Your hotel can sort a cab for you and like KTM, there's no shortage of stuff to buy in Pokhara. Pokhara is pretty touristy. It doesn't feel quite as much like Nepal as other places in the country. It's a pretty overt resort destination.

3. Re: Cab fare in Pokhara

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: July 17, 2019, 12:42 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.