We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to Pokhara

Alternative to Pokhara
Save

Hey all

I am looking at spending a few nights near Pokhara before doing a short trek in the region. I’m not that keen on Pokhara itself and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a nice place to stay in the surrounding area?

Ideally, I’m after a decent guesthouse or the like, looking at spending up to $50/night but obviously less if I can manage it! Perhaps somewhere in a smaller village which might provide the chance to experience a bit of local life, as well as the opportunity to hop on a bike and explore some of the surrounding countryside, visit a local school (as I’m a primary school teacher) and so on.

I guess I’m looking at somewhere to the north of Pokhara (Astam? Ghachok?) or perhaps to the smaller lakes like Begnas? Or anywhere else that comes highly recommended!

Many thanks in advance…

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
259 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Alternative to Pokhara
Save

Hi

Sedi bagar is an option to stay few days in am option of Pokhara because there are less tourists and you can feel and place is like small local settlement village. It is not far from Pokhara if you walk from the lakeside city can take you about 45- 1 hrs. Peace and quite place to stay.

Good luck! G

2. Re: Alternative to Pokhara

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: July 04, 2019, 2:24 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.