We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current Road Condition Kathmandu to Pokhara

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
Current Road Condition Kathmandu to Pokhara
Save

Hi,

Me and my wife want to visit Pokhara from Kathmandu (Round Trip).

We want travel by bus. We are wondering what is the road condition right now and how much time does it take to go their by tourist buses.

Thanks

Arnab

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
1. Re: Current Road Condition Kathmandu to Pokhara
Save

Hi Arnab

Overall the road condition is not bad at all, nothing to ster you from ttravelling by bus in my view.

The road surface is Ok for most of the way but there are some steep drops over the KTM valley rim that make some people nervouse. There are a couple ofmajor sets of roadworks in KTM that made the journey time longer a couple of weeks ago. Without these roadworks journey times are typically 7/8 hours but my bis trip took almost 9 hours because of this disruption.

scoodly

Dhaka City...
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
7 helpful votes
2. Re: Current Road Condition Kathmandu to Pokhara
Save

Fantastic.... Thanks a lot scoodly. :)

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
3. Re: Current Road Condition Kathmandu to Pokhara
Save

You're welcome. Enjoy the trip.

scoodly

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
155 reviews
133 helpful votes
4. Re: Current Road Condition Kathmandu to Pokhara
Save

Pokhara to Kathmandu took us 10 hours last year. Final 20 k into Kathmandu took 3 hours due to road works. I don't know if / when these works will be finished. We used the up-market Jagardanda Tourist bus - very comfortable.

Lake District...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Kathmandu
Level Contributor
7,037 posts
39 reviews
28 helpful votes
5. Re: Current Road Condition Kathmandu to Pokhara
Save

The road SLOWLY improves

4 weeks ago it took us 9 hours but yesterday that reduced to 7 1/2 😆

The worst roadworks is getting off the Kathmandu Ring-Road

Good Luck

Rob

Nepal
Level Contributor
406 posts
28 reviews
11 helpful votes
6. Re: Current Road Condition Kathmandu to Pokhara
Save

Dear Arnab,

Warm Greetings!!

Pleased to inform you, road from Kathmandu to Pokhara is in good condition and the distance is approx.220km and it will take approx.7-8hours under normal road condition. If you stuck in traffic then it may take 9-10hours as well.

If you are planning to take bus then i would like to suggest Greenline which is one of the best tourist coach that ply every day and it departs from Kathmandu [Near Himalayan Bank] at 7:30 and by 3:00pm it will reach in Pokhara and the cost is US$ 25 per person which includes one lunch on the way as well. Many thanks,

With best regards,

Dipen Pradhan

Kathmandu Valley...
Level Contributor
252 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Current Road Condition Kathmandu to Pokhara
Save

In overall, the road is good, but Jam in Nagdhunga might cause your drive longer.

Edited: 3 years ago
8. Re: Current Road Condition Kathmandu to Pokhara

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: March 15, 2019, 12:17 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.