We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Polaroid uv sunglasses from Kathmandu

Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
Polaroid uv sunglasses from Kathmandu
Save

Hi

Does anyone know if they have polaroid glasses with real UV shield in kathmandu?

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
1,991 posts
61 reviews
16 helpful votes
1. Re: Polaroid uv sunglasses from Kathmandu
Save

Hi

Yes, they are available but there are an enormous amout of genuine looking fakes out there as well. Caveat emptor!

Eric

My Nepal Pages https://wanderingeric.org/category/nepal/

Nepal
Level Contributor
406 posts
28 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: Polaroid uv sunglasses from Kathmandu
Save

Yes, you can get polaroid glasses with real UV shield but as far as my knowledge its hard to get the genuine product. However, you can get first copy and which is okay to you for.

Brgds,

Dipen Pradhan

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
18,755 posts
63 reviews
49 helpful votes
3. Re: Polaroid uv sunglasses from Kathmandu
Save

Hi

In brief, I would buy at home to make sure they are genuine. If looking for a bargain branded pair in Nepal the savings will be limited if anything at al and the choice will be limited too.

scoodly

Michigan, USA
Level Contributor
306 posts
66 reviews
53 helpful votes
4. Re: Polaroid uv sunglasses from Kathmandu
Save

Btw, it is easy to tell if lenses are really polarized. Hold up two lenses, one in front of the other, so you are looking through both. The rotate one lens 90 degrees. If both lenses are polarize, the view through them will go black. However I don't know a good way of telling if the UV filter is legit.

5. Re: Polaroid uv sunglasses from Kathmandu

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: December 28, 2018, 1:16 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.