We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nepal and then to a beach

Germany
Level Contributor
267 posts
13 reviews
2 helpful votes
Nepal and then to a beach
Save

Hello we are from Germany.

In October 2018 we would like to visit Nepal for the first time for 2 weeks.

At the end of the holiday we would like to relax for a week and swim (maybe snorkeling).

What is good, fast and cheap to reach from Nepal? Are the Maldives an option or which beach destonation can you recommend us ???

Greetings Hosche

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
240 reviews
194 helpful votes
1. Re: Nepal and then to a beach
Save

I have never been to Maldives

but I have heard it is amazing

and I am sure you would enjoy it

do note that there are no direct flights from Nepal to Maldives

for that you would have to transit via DEL

since I live in Thailand

and the fact that there is a direct 3.5 hour flight from Nepal

my obvious recommendation would be Thailand

I am sure you have taken that into consideration

you can easily make that en-route

not having to pay extra for the second destination

Edited: 3 years ago
Germany
Level Contributor
267 posts
13 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Nepal and then to a beach
Save

Thanks for the tip.

As I've just seen, it's a long way to the Maldives.

Are Thailand the best / fastest beaches to reach?

Is there any other possibility on the way to Europe?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
35 helpful votes
3. Re: Nepal and then to a beach
Save

I would second Thailand.

At that time of the year I can't imagine there will be anywhere warm on the way to Europe, India maybe, but not exactly on the way. Turkey maybe?

Carthage, Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
77 reviews
49 helpful votes
4. Re: Nepal and then to a beach
Save

You could try Malaysia as Air Asia from Kathmandu to KL and have cheap flights. It might also be cheaper to fly to Bangkok via KL with Air Asia rather than flying with Thai, who are relatively expensive.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
229 posts
14 reviews
21 helpful votes
5. Re: Nepal and then to a beach
Save

Thailand or Andaman and Nicobar Islands in India would be perfect. Have been to both Thailand and Andaman. Found Andaman less crowded and more peaceful though. It also has many good beaches and is a good place for Scuba and Snorkeling

Germany
Level Contributor
267 posts
13 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Nepal and then to a beach
Save

Thanks for the further help.

First to fly over Kuala Lumpur (5 hours) and then on to Thailand is too time consuming! It will probably look similar to the Andaman Islands.

Is in India perhaps a nice beach place?

Otherwise, I only remember the Gulf States. But they are probably quite expensive!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Nepal and then to a beach
Save

I met several trekkers that made plans post-trekking in Nepal that went to the beaches of Cambodia, Vietnam, and Bali (Indonesia.) It is a smart idea after several weeks of low hygiene and limited food to go to the beach after to relax.

Maldives is VERY expensive. It is a honeymooners destination. If you are looking for fast and cheap, I would look in every direction other than Maldives. SE Asia is your best bet.

Germany
Level Contributor
267 posts
13 reviews
2 helpful votes
8. Re: Nepal and then to a beach
Save

We have been to Thailand, Kamboscha, Laos and Myanmar several times and it was great. But the way from Nepal through Malaysia is just too complicated / far for just 1 week!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Nepal and then to a beach
Save

Perhaps Goa, India? It's not the greatest quality water but it is definitely a fun place and much nicer overall in terms of hygiene than most of India.

Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Nepal and then to a beach
Save

several times now after trekking in Nepal we have gone down to Varkala in the state of Kerala India and found it quite good.Beachs are good, bodysurfing great, snorkeling not so good dining and what not we found very good

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.