We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for Nepal

Yogyakarta Region...
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
25 helpful votes
Itinerary for Nepal
Save

Dears all,

I am planning to visit some areas in Nepal, basically in Kathmandu areas. Not mentioning Pokhara, because it takes approximately 7-9 hours by bus from Kathmandu.

Therefore, if there is itinerary for seven days that I should do in Nepal, I will appreciate your kind helps. I am photographer, and this is my first attempt for Nepal.

I will be glad to have your instruction of must-visited places, and how to get there. Maybe I will stay in Kathmandu.

Thank you.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
240 reviews
194 helpful votes
1. Re: Itinerary for Nepal
Save

if you are a photographer and like to capture mountains and landscapes you must do pkr

take a flight - its comically 20 mins away from ktm via air

will set you back about 100 USD or so I think

as for ktm I usually advise this -

Durbar (Old Palace) Squares - Kantipur, Patan, Bhakatapur

Temples - Pashupati, Bouddhanath, Swyambhunath

Temples outskirts of valley - Changunarayan, Dakhsinkali, Budhanilakantha (although not as much for photo op imho )

Hill Stations around the valley (for good mountain views) - Chandragiri (cable car), Nagarkot, Namobuddha/Dhulikhel

Plus plenty of street photography opportunity loitering around thamel, asan, basantapur etc.

7 days is plenty of time to do above mentioned places, pkr and then some............

go for it!!!

Edited: 3 years ago
Yogyakarta Region...
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
25 helpful votes
2. Re: Itinerary for Nepal
Save

big thanks @neupaneaj.

Such a huge disappointment not to visit Pokhara if someone is visiting Nepal. But traveling on vehicle for about 7-9 hours is pain, but cheaper than cutting time with airplane with a price.

Regarding those mentioned places, how about the transportation?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
240 reviews
194 helpful votes
3. Re: Itinerary for Nepal
Save

you can get a taxi from point a to b

to move about the valley to visit all these places I mentioned

expect to pay 300-400 Rs per ride on average

but requires a lot of planning on your part

plus finding a taxi is not always guaranteed

I can't recommend public bus

they are jam packed, exposing you to full of dust and smoke

and you would not know were to get on and off without constantly asking people

I have seen people rent motor bikes

valley is not that big (about 20 km in diameter with inner valley everything within 10 km's distance)

in that sense motorbike is doable but depends how adventurous you want to get haha

its is very unregulated traffic

it that won't kill you dust and smoke will

that leaves you with chartered vehicle or taxi hire for a day

which is surprisingly expensive in Nepal

expect to pay about $50 or so a day

your hotel can arrange it for you

or you can negotiate with any standing taxis

I would still say do PKR one way

come back on tourist bus

that way you will get to see Nepal outside ktm valley ( i;e real Nepal)

4. Re: Itinerary for Nepal

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: November 12, 2018, 2:17 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.