We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauritius Jan 2016: Will it rain?

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
Mauritius Jan 2016: Will it rain?
Save

Hi! I'm going to Mauritius in 2 days (30th of December), which I'm really looking forward to. But, I checked a weather forecast for Flic en Flac (where we are gonna stay) and it says that it will rain 11 millimeters of rain on Saturday and 22 millimeters on Sunday! I know that the weather forecast might be wrong and that it might be "short showers followed by sunshine", but really, 22 millimeters is a lot rain for just a day and that's what makes me worried. I know that you should never trust weather forecasts who show more than 5 days forward, but Saturday is only a little less than a week away and I just can't help but worry. Of course nobody can predict the weather, but if anyone knows: How often are the weather forecasts accurate? How large is the risk that several days will rain or "thunder" away?

Thank you!

Update a few minutes after I checked the weather: I checked again, and now it says 27 millimeters on Saturday and 29 mm, which means the millimeters increased. Oops!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
58,373 posts
155 reviews
1,038 helpful votes
1. Re: Mauritius Jan 2016: Will it rain?
Save

January is one of the hottest most humid months after February and March and it can rain any time.

Looking at the Mauritius Met Office prediction it does look like some rain:

http://metservice.intnet.mu/

Keep checking that site from now on.

Edited: 5 years ago
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
27,635 posts
3,086 reviews
2,693 helpful votes
2. Re: Mauritius Jan 2016: Will it rain?
Save

January tends to have the second highest rainfall.

You could get lucky and experience little rainfall during your trip. It usually not constant rain.

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Mauritius Jan 2016: Will it rain?
Save

Thank you, I will check only that site now!

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: Mauritius Jan 2016: Will it rain?
Save

I'll just hope for the best! Maybe I'll even find a way to enjoy the rain!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
58,373 posts
155 reviews
1,038 helpful votes
5. Re: Mauritius Jan 2016: Will it rain?
Save

The forecast could change between now and then :)

6. Re: Mauritius Jan 2016: Will it rain?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: December 28, 2016, 2:18 pm
Get answers to your questions about Mauritius
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.