We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency for indians

1 post
currency for indians
Save

Hello..we are going fr 1st tym from mumbai.wl b staying in merville resort.my question is abt d currency ,is it possible to exchange indian rupee to MR,

Or hv to change it to usd or pound from india .and carry that.

Cape Town, South...
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
64 reviews
94 helpful votes
1. Re: currency for indians
Save

Hi Soumya - welcome to TripAdvisor and the Mauritius forum

Have a look at the Top Questions section at the top right of the page. Near the bottom is a question relating to Indian travelers and currency which should help you.

Regards

Dee

Bengaluru, India
1 post
1 review
4 helpful votes
2. Re: currency for indians
Save

Hi soumya,

Better you enable your debit card for international transaction and withdraw money there in MR. ATM are at every near by market. That is more economic , i did the same on my visit this June. On safer side you carry 100-200 dollars and convert it into the mauritian rupee on arrival at the mauritius airport.

3. Re: currency for indians

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: July 13, 2016, 12:18 pm
Get answers to your questions about Mauritius
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.