We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is it like?!

Swindon
1 post
What is it like?!
Save

Hi,

I'm 17 years old, and am going to Mauritius on 19th July with my family. We're staying at La Pirogue but I'm slightly concerned that that the weather is going to be bad from what I've heard. Is this true?

Also, will the hotel just be full of couples or will there be people my age there?

Thank you,

Hannah

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
58,331 posts
155 reviews
1,037 helpful votes
1. Re: What is it like?!
Save

Hi Hannah,

La Pirogue shares facilities with next door Sugar Beach, and both are very family orientated hotels with lots to do for teens.

Check out their websites for info on activities:

www.lapirogue.com

www.sugarbeachresort.com

Keep an eye on the daily weather forecast for the next week, so you will have some idea of prevailing weather conditions:

metservice.intnet.mu

Its much more accurate than the 7 day forecasts that Yahoo etc put out.

No one can predict the weather, but it does appear its a bit cooler than normal at the moment, but you arent going for another 16 days, so just keep a daily check on that site!

Sure you'll have good weather! Maybe odd showers.

The west coast is more sheltered and generally warmer anyway!

Best wishes, and have a lovely holiday,

Bronia :)

2. Re: What is it like?!

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the Tripadvisor travel community!

Removed on: July 05, 2009, 6:05 am
3. Re: What is it like?!

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: January 01, 2010, 1:15 pm
Get answers to your questions about Mauritius
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.