We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covid testing

Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
79 reviews
57 helpful votes
Covid testing
Save

Please could anybody advise on the costs of the PCR testing on arrival in Mauritius and for day 7 etc or a link to the information with the coatings. Thank you.

5 replies to this topic
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
58,944 posts
155 reviews
1,038 helpful votes
1. Re: Covid testing
Save

If you are going in September then you will need to book a package on the MTPA website which for foreign nationals includes health costs which includes testing. You will have to go to a designated hotel.

All travellers are required to provide the following documents before boarding:

a certificate of negative COVID-19 PCR test administered between 5 and 7 days prior to boarding at their last point of embarkation.

a valid air ticket to Mauritius and

proof of purchase of a stay package in one of our certified COVID-19 safe resorts.

https://booking.mymauritius.travel/

Vaccinated guests

Enjoy a hotel holiday in one of our certified COVID-19 safe hotels. A list of approved hotels will be announced on 20 June 2021

Relax on the beach and use the hotel facilities, excluding the spa

You will have a PCR test on your day of arrival, day 7 and day 14

After a negative PCR test on day 14, you are free to go and explore the island

https://mauritiusnow.com/

Currently no hotel package prices on MTPA site but it was I think an extra R13,000 or so in addition to the hotel costs for foreign guests.

If it was me I would cancel and book elsewhere or change your dates to October.

Edited: June 13, 2021, 6:36 pm
Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
79 reviews
57 helpful votes
2. Re: Covid testing
Save

Thank you so much for your helpful reply! Much better than the response I just got from BA, whom I booked through. Asked them about a refund to be told, things change, so by September it might have changed again and not have to stay within the hotel…I can’t see that changing to be honest and by which time, prices will have risen for the same period elsewhere. I’m stuck as moved 4 holidays to next year and already have an outstanding deposit held I need to use by the end of the year, so have no leave left to be moving this onto next year. My trouble is I booked 2019 and January 2020 my holidays for 2020. Grr. Forward planning might have to take a backseat going forward.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,944 posts
155 reviews
1,038 helpful votes
3. Re: Covid testing
Save

Mrs-Wixie I totally empathise.

January 2020 we booked 4 holidays and had to either cancel or reschedule all of them, Mauritius 4 times.

The airlines like to hold on to peoples money until the last minute and then they cancel.

It's alright BA telling you things might change, but I think Mauritius will stick to those dates, the only change might be if things get worse in Mauritius then they might even tighten things up again.

Have you asked them if you can change to October - though they might charge extra as it's the beginning of high season?

Bridgwater, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
79 reviews
57 helpful votes
4. Re: Covid testing
Save

Unfortunately we can’t change from September. My husband has work commitments in October that he has to commit to each year and my annual leave year ends September.

I’ve got no leave left for next year having moved four across and an outstanding voucher to use before the end of the year. Also got Barbados in December 🙈 regretting now not taking refunds last year when cancelled 😞

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,944 posts
155 reviews
1,038 helpful votes
5. Re: Covid testing
Save

Let us know how you get on with BA?

Barbados - love it. We used to go most years but not been for some time. 🌴

Have a lovely time in December!

Reply to: Covid testing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mauritius
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.