We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casablanca airport layover

Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
Casablanca airport layover
Save

Hello!

I have a 3hr layover in Casablanca on my way to Marrakech. I was thinking the best way to spend my time would be to get some dirhams and a SIM card. Can anyone provide recommendations on where in the airport I should do either?

Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,672 posts
54 reviews
9 helpful votes
1. Re: Casablanca airport layover
Save

You won't be able to get either dirhams or a SIM card unless you leave the departure lounge via customs and security and check back in, unless things have radically changed since the new terminal came into operation. Perhaps someone who has transited since last November might pop in to let us know.

There's free WiFi with a good signal in the terminal.

Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Casablanca airport layover
Save

Oh boo. And here I was proud of myself for being organzied and proactive for once!

penna
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
45 reviews
19 helpful votes
3. Re: Casablanca airport layover
Save

If you mean that you will be laying over in Casablanca to Marrakech, meaning you land in Casablanca and then fly to Marrakech.

Assuming this is the case then you do not even go into the main terminal but to the domestic terminal. It has a very small coffee snack shop and toilets and a place to charge European chargers for phones and laptops. There is bad WiFi there as well.

You go straight where the rest go to the right into terminal 1. you pass a security check and a barely paid attention scanner into the old terminal.

you will pass customs and immigration in Marrakech. You can find Sim card guys in the area you get your luggage and once you leave the luggage are you will find ATMs and exchange booths in the departure area a short walk down the hall ( there are free luggage carts so this is easy) / Do not use Globus exchange booth in the luggage area other then to change 20 CAD to get enough DH for a plan on your free sim card. ( the cards in the airport are free even if you wait to put a plan on it) and small pocket change.

4. Re: Casablanca airport layover

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: April 15, 2020, 1:41 pm
Get answers to your questions about Morocco
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.