We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Companies

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
378 posts
3 reviews
13 helpful votes
Rental Companies
Save

Looking for recommendations for reputable vacation rental properties. I know that there is always VRBO but I was hoping to find a local management company. Has anybody used MauiHoliday or something else?

11 replies to this topic
Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
67,831 posts
3 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: Rental Companies
Save

Look at the Top Questions on the right hand side of this page. It's best to use a pc to see them. There are 2 that address rental companies. One each for south and west Maui.

Cotati
Level Contributor
675 posts
9 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Rental Companies
Save

This is the type of reply that we should see a lot more of. Thanks, fishdiva.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
3. Re: Rental Companies
Save

Destination Residences Maui

CB Island Vacations

Both South Maui

I have used both with good results

Quam Properties gets mentioned west Maui but I have never used them do can’t say one way or another myself

Indiana
Level Contributor
437 posts
128 reviews
19 helpful votes
4. Re: Rental Companies
Save

We have used Alii Resorts. Love their service

Oregon City, Oregon
Level Contributor
65 posts
5. Re: Rental Companies
Save

We rented from Rentals Maui in December and now, and we have no complaints. They even let us check in early because we landed at 10am and have young kids that were getting antsy.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
378 posts
3 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Rental Companies
Save

Thanks all. This is very helpful!

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
Level Contributor
13,228 posts
20 reviews
9 helpful votes
7. Re: Rental Companies
Save

The Top questions do have South Maui rentals and West side Rentals but...they are old. Some of the companies have gone south(bankrupt and left folks without a rental and no refund) like Harris Realty that is listed on the Westside post. Others have changed hands. Many are still good and reliable.

Companies have such different policies with covid cancelations or no cancelations that the safest thing I would suggested is asking here if anyone has used a certain company.

Edited: September 19, 2021, 7:02 am
Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
27 reviews
32 helpful votes
8. Re: Rental Companies
Save

Chase’NRainbows has treated us well for many years: https://www.westmauicondos.com/maui-vacation-rentals/maui-condos

I was also impressed by MyPerfectStays when I reserved through them in 2019. https://www.myperfectstays.com/

Grand Ledge...
Level Contributor
358 posts
27 reviews
9 helpful votes
9. Re: Rental Companies
Save

Got smoked by VRBO over a paid condo owner going AWOL. VRBO is not to be trusted when issues happen! I used Chase N Rainbows 6 weeks ago and everything went great! Then even followed up on our stay and gave a discount for using them in the future.

texas
Level Contributor
229 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Rental Companies
Save

We are using Quam in West Maui; so far they have been helpful and easy to work with, but I will post back after our trip is complete.

Reply to: Rental Companies
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.