We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry tickets for attractions

Bakersfield...
3 posts
Entry tickets for attractions
Save

Has anyone had any luck reserving tickets for any of the attractions requiring timed entry tickets? Some show 1 or 2 days available but others (national archives is one) show nothing available for any month. Is this right? I want to take my kids but I can’t seem to get tickets to anything within the same week even going a couple months out. Any suggestions?

20 replies to this topic
Washington DC
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
67 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: Entry tickets for attractions
Save

Not sure what you want to do, but the National Archives is closed so of course no tickets. They don't have an opening announced that I know of. Most govt buildings are closed, I believe. The FBI is also, and the Mint. Several of the Smithsonian museums are open now, though. They've been closed a while to probably high demand, I think they release tickets once a week, not sure as I haven't tried.

Maybe you need to be more clear as to what attractions you are referring to.

Bakersfield...
3 posts
2. Re: Entry tickets for attractions
Save

The national archives are opening saturdays and sundays with reserved time entry tickets. On their website when you go to reserve them it show as nothing available for many many months. Just wondering if anyone else has been able to reserve tickets for the archives or anything else.

Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
3. Re: Entry tickets for attractions
Save

I got tickets for the National Zoo. Most tickets seem to be available about a month in advance at a time. I did see the same issue for the National Archives. It briefly had tickets available for two weekends in May, but no other dates.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington, Washington DC
Level Contributor
18,147 posts
138 reviews
290 helpful votes
4. Re: Entry tickets for attractions
Save

BTW, there is no U.S. Mint within 100 miles of Washington D.C. There's a mint in Philadelphia; there's a Bureau of Engraving and Printing in Washington D.C. (But both are still closed for tours.)

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
110 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Entry tickets for attractions
Save

We’ve gotten Holocaust, Ford’s Theatre, African American History, American History and Udvar-Hazy. Didn’t try for National Archives though.

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
49 reviews
24 helpful votes
6. Re: Entry tickets for attractions
Save

I spent almost two hours on the computer before finally getting tickets for the zoo. Every museum has different timeframes and rules; it’s a time consuming process and you need to read the fine print carefully.

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
4,704 posts
8 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Entry tickets for attractions
Save

I think its just crazy because you've got tourists and locals trying to finally do something out of the house.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
5 helpful votes
8. Re: Entry tickets for attractions
Save

I was able to get timed-entry tickets for 2 of the Smithsonians for the 2nd week of June. For the American History one, there were very few time slots available.

Didn't try anything else. I was interested in the Natural History one but it is closed.

Winter Park, Florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
9. Re: Entry tickets for attractions
Save

I secured tickets to the National Archives this morning in case the OP is still looking. There were several weekends in June open when I looked. Hope that helps.

Pasadena, California
Level Contributor
42 posts
10. Re: Entry tickets for attractions
Save

I'm wondering the same thing! I need tickets and they are not available.

Reply to: Entry tickets for attractions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.