We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neighborhood safety

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Neighborhood safety

I'm kinda checking the door after the horse got out, but I made a rental through VRBO for my family and I, and I wanted to get some impressions as to the safety of the neighborhood. The rental is in the 4400 block of 7th NE, which is right off of Taylor St. NE, in the North Michigan Park neighborhood. The rental looks very nice, and the reviews are good, but I think you guys are my best source of unbiased info. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Michigan
Michigan
United States
4 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
5,588 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Neighborhood safety

Obviously there are never any guarantees, but it's a safe neighborhood. Although I'm not sure I'd be comfortable walking that distance from the Metro (Brookland) to the rental after dark.

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neighborhood safety

We'll be doing a lot of driving our own vehicle, parking and the circulator will be cheaper than the metro day passes, I think. Thanks

washington dc
Level Contributor
4,607 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Neighborhood safety

Not super convenient location, but certainly a good choice for a family especially at that price - sleeps 6 for $130.00 per night If you are planning to see the sites during the day then just come home in the evening it looks great. The reviews are all very good. The neighborhood is quiet and safe, near the Franciscan Monastery.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,025 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Neighborhood safety

The one-day pass for Metro is not what you want. Just a regular SmarTrip card works for the Circulator and Metro. On the Circulator it gives you free transfers for two hours. One card for each person older than 4.

Mentioned in this post
DC Circulator
DC Circulator
170 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Reply to: Neighborhood safety
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted