We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best travel method

West Sacramento...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best travel method

I will be staying at JB Anacostia-Bolling and would like to know what is the best method to get into DC? I would like to save time and money so would the public transportation outweigh renting a car? And I will be pricing Lyft. Thanks for your help.

5 replies to this topic
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best travel method

Look at WMATA.com for public transport. The JB is near some maybe not tourist friendly areas so be aware of that. I would probably Uber or Lyft. Renting a car would be a terrible idea unless you rent to drive to places outside of where public transport can take you like Gettysburg.

West Sacramento...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best travel method

Thank you. I appreciate your help.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
35,586 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best travel method

Forget the idea of renting a car in the area, take uber or lyft over it just to avoid the hassle.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
8,123 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best travel method

But know that your taxi or whatever will have to meet you at the main gate. Are you going in the morning? JBAB used to have its own rush hour bus service to and from the Anacostia Metro Station, but I don't know if that still exists.

Edited: June 13, 2018, 2:52 am
Falls Church...
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best travel method

If you're staying on base I'm sure there is some sort of shuttle for employees that you can probably use if you have a DOD ID card.

Reply to: Best travel method
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Washington DC