We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hotel to stay at for close by nightlife?

Baton Rouge...
2 posts
Save Topic
What hotel to stay at for close by nightlife?

I'm going to be doing all the typical attractions during the day but at night I want to go to the bars/club. I know the subway stops earlier than the bars close - so I would like a hotel to that's close enough to the bars/clubs to walk from.

I know a lot of the nightlife is in Adams Morgan and Georgetown. I was looking in these areas but now I'm not sure if I should look closer to the attractions. I was leaning towards the Omni but it seems like it's out of the way of the attractions and not super close to Adams Morgan. Does anybody have recommendations of hotels or areas of where I should stay?

Mentioned in this post
Adams Morgan
Adams Morgan
118 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Georgetown
Georgetown
2,567 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
7 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What hotel to stay at for close by nightlife?

Omni is in woodley Park which is a residential area that is not close to any bars or clubs really. Most bars and clubs are in Dupont, Ust, Adams Morgan or on 14th st. There are so many hotels near DuPont clubs from upmarket places like the Mayflower to cheaper hostels like the Washington International Student Hostel in Adams Morgan (not the cleanest hostel but $20 per night). There are many things in between like three Madera, Holiday Inn, Dupont Circle Hotel etc. what’s you budget? Look at the Map and try to be as close to Connecticut between Columbia and 17th

Note there are also clubs in U st but not many hotels however this is walkable via New Hampshire to Dupont and via Florida Adams Morgan and well traveled even at night.

Mentioned in this post
Woodley Park Guest House
Woodley Park Guest House
582 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Cafe Dupont
Cafe Dupont
672 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Adams Morgan
Adams Morgan
118 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
The Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection
The Mayflower Hotel...
2,767 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Dupont Circle
Dupont Circle
330 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Connecticut
Connecticut
United States
Columbia
Columbia
South Carolina
New Hampshire
New Hampshire
United States
Florida
Florida
United States
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20,947 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What hotel to stay at for close by nightlife?

Much of tye nightlife is a bit segregated by age group, I think. I hear Adams Morgan is mostly College age folk with a lot of vomiting. Lots of club people just south of Dupont Circle that seem to be a bit older. Telling your age group might help. I cannot recommend walking the streets while drunk no matter where you end up partying.

Mentioned in this post
Adams Morgan
Adams Morgan
118 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Dupont Circle
Dupont Circle
330 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What hotel to stay at for close by nightlife?

THE OP did not say that she planned to be drunk she just said she wanted to be able to walk home

Baton Rouge...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What hotel to stay at for close by nightlife?

Ideally my budget is a max of $175 per night. I don't want to go over $200 for sure. Dupont Circle Hotel is looking like the best option right now.

I'm in my mid-20s. I plan on having a few drinks but I'm not going to walk back drunk.

Mentioned in this post
Dupont Circle
Dupont Circle
330 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
900 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What hotel to stay at for close by nightlife?

Georgetown and Adams Morgan used to be the center of the nightlife 15 years ago. Now it has moved to 14th st NW, U st from 14th to 7th, Shaw, Blagden Alley. There's also a good amount of it on H st NE, but it's more of an island on itself, so i'd recommend staying in the NW quadrant. A hotel around Thomas circle would be most convenient to that. But don't forget that DC is small, it might be worth the $10-15 Uber ride to a bar to save money on hotel.

Mentioned in this post
Georgetown
Georgetown
2,567 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Adams Morgan
Adams Morgan
118 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What hotel to stay at for close by nightlife?

Adams Morgan isn't that far away from the Omni, less thna a mile, but if it is for you, that's all that matters. It would be easier if you were in Dupont Circle, though. I would not recommend you plan around nightlife on H St NE for various reasons. I sure wasn't aware that nightlife centered in Georgetown, that's news to me, except for college-age kids going there.

There is plenty of nightlife within walking distance of Dupont Circle where there are various hotels and I think a variety of places to go.

Mentioned in this post
Adams Morgan
Adams Morgan
118 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Dupont Circle
Dupont Circle
330 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Georgetown
Georgetown
2,567 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What hotel to stay at for close by nightlife?

As someone who visited last weekend, Adams Morgan and DuPont are still optimal locations for partying. 14th, U st and Shaw are also cool but don’t detract from the traditional areas. I have never heard of partying in Georgetown as it has always been a daytime destination for shopping and food

Mentioned in this post
Adams Morgan
Adams Morgan
118 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Cafe Dupont
Cafe Dupont
672 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Georgetown
Georgetown
2,567 Reviews
Washington DC, DC
Reply to: What hotel to stay at for close by nightlife?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Washington DC
;