We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Observation Tower

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
59,702 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
New Observation Tower

Something people often ask about, but never really existed. Until now.

Opening in 10 days. Across the river in Rosslyn.

“The Observation Deck at CEB Tower is the newest way to experience the nation’s capital. Home to the highest public point in the Washington D.C. area, The Observation Deck offers unrivaled 360° views, an interactive journey through the events and personalities that shaped our nation, and a café that celebrates the vibrant and multicultural food scene of DC and its surrounding area.”

Same company that runs the One World Observatory in New York City.

$22 for adults.

$12 for kids.

“The Observation Deck at CEB Tower is the newest way to experience the nation’s capital. Home to the highest public point in the Washington D.C. area, The Observation Deck offers unrivaled 360° views, an interactive journey through the events and personalities that shaped our nation, and a café that celebrates the vibrant and multicultural food scene of DC and its surrounding area.”

https://www.theviewofdc.com

Edited: June 12, 2018, 4:43 am
9 replies to this topic
Southern NJ
Level Contributor
982 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Observation Tower

Sounds good, Irish.

South Bend, Indiana
Level Contributor
26 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Observation Tower

Figures... Opens a day after we leave.

Lurgan, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Observation Tower

Thanks for your post Irish fan and we will be putting this onto our itinerary for Washington in September. I think that's a great way of seeing the capitol from a different perspective and should be a popular choice for tourists and locals to visit.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Observation Tower

"Home to the highest public point in the Washington D.C. area."

While it certainly looks like a first-class operation and viewing experience not to be missed, the height claim of CEB's marketing is only temporary. The Washington Monument could never be retrofitted for this sort of experience--but will eventually reopen, with an observation point at least 100' higher.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Observation Tower

I thought the view of the Mall from Arlington Cemetery (Lee's old house) was fantastic.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,300 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Observation Tower

The view of DC from Arlington House, on the grounds of Arlington National Cemetery is one of my favorites (and it’s free).

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
59,702 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Observation Tower

The view from the Air Force Memorial is another good freebie.

Maryland
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New Observation Tower

Plus the tower in the Old Post Office (trump International Hotel) has reopened. I went a few weeks ago on a Saturday and there were no lines (free as always and open to the elements).

The view from the Air Force Memorial at night is my favorite but since this seems to be a thread on how to see DC from on high I'll add the National Cathedral to the list.

Edited: June 12, 2018, 10:56 pm
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
20 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Observation Tower

The tower will open to the public on Thursday, June 21st (the first day of summer)!!

Reply to: New Observation Tower
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted