We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DC my impression

Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
DC my impression

I am in DC now & had some tips.

1. If you have contacted your state congressman to do the White House tour, I just did this yesterday. They tell you not to bring drinks into the WH. True, but what they don't tell you is that you will stand in the blazing sun for up to 2 hours once you get there & you can CERTAINLY drink your water while you wait (although there are no bathrooms.) It is a self guided tour, 6 rooms (looking in) Everyone in our time slot (hundreds) stood there with no water & it was pretty miserable. If there was minimal wait I would do it again. With that wait, not worth it to me.

2 I see lots of mixed reviews about Founding Fathers. Had dinner there tonight. Pretty good price point for DC, good food, and very large servings. I had the rotisserie chicken. It was 1/2 chicken with potatoes and green beans. Enough for 2! Had a good Man Tai, one was enough!! I thought it was a good place, though LOUD!! I would return.

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents!

4 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,891 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DC my impression

Thanks for your input on the White House tour and Founding Farmers—two places that both get mixed reviews.

Olney, Maryland
Level Contributor
9,058 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DC my impression

"Founding Farmers".

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,102 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DC my impression

I enjoyed the breakfast at Founding Fathers personally.

Martinsville...
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: DC my impression

What time was your White House tour?

Reply to: DC my impression
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted