We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in DC

Missouri
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather in DC

What website should I look for to see what the weather will be around the mall and zoo area? I will be in DC in a couple of days and I hope rain doesn't affect our trip.

9 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,118 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in DC

Weather.com with Zip Code 20001 will get you the predictions. Don’t put a lot of faith beyond 24 hours. And this time of year, showers will show up as possible nearly every day, but may not happen.

Level Contributor
691 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in DC

wunderground.com

Weather Underground website.

Don't let a little rain deter you, get out early and if an afternoon storm happens you can take a break inside.

Missouri
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in DC

Thanks! We are mainly taking the metro, bus and circulator, and wasn't sure how the weather will be.. I won't let the weather affect our time here :) I would also like to thank everyone who has answered questions for us that will be visiting. I have learned a lot searching these forums, mainly public transit questions!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in DC

no website is going to give you special weather for a particular block of the city. There will be a weather forecast for Washington DC.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37,819 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in DC

Weather.com is a good site for any place in the U.S.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
5,472 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in DC

Expect hot and sticky.remember it is built on swamp land

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
21,118 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in DC

Actually, DC is not built on a swamp. It is still very humid much of tye year.

https:/…

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in DC

WEather.combis good for any weather worldwide... not just in the US or DC. I am assuming that you knew that and wanted an insiders look at weather

As the other poster said, it’s very humid and canbget very hot in summer. This makes it uncomfortable even In shade. The zoo is a hilly terrain so expect to break a sweat and take breaks. Drink lots of water

Missouri
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in DC

Yes locals intake on weather is what I was leaning toward. I am from midwest and the weather changes as fast as a blink of an eye. Weather.com for us is just a general idea of what it would be. So far on my trip to DC the weather is great! I never thought i would see 60 degree weather again so early.

Edited: June 13, 2018, 6:44 pm
Reply to: Weather in DC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted