We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day Traffic - Friday

1 post
Memorial Day Traffic - Friday
Save

We're planning to drive up from from Toledo to Bay City area on Friday of memorial day (leaving Toledo around 4:00) - where can we expect the worst traffic on our way up to Bay City? Thank you in advance!

3 replies to this topic
Little Rock...
Level Contributor
4,427 posts
68 reviews
33 helpful votes
1. Re: Memorial Day Traffic - Friday
Save

While generally not as bad as Fourth of July or Labor Day traffic I would think as soon as you get into the Detroit metro area and all the way to Bay City it will be very very very crowded.

It’s about 150 miles and a little over two hours normally ( Toledo to Bay City ), I would say plan on 3 hours if not 3-3/4 hours

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
11 reviews
41 helpful votes
2. Re: Memorial Day Traffic - Friday
Save

Along with the usual traffic, the Tigers have home game against the Yankees with a 7:10 start that night . Ordinarily that would be close to a sellout and really snarl traffic. Even though there is limited seating at Comerica Park these days that is going to add to the traffic in and around downtown.

I would work really hard to get an earlier start if I were you.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
955 reviews
883 helpful votes
3. Re: Memorial Day Traffic - Friday
Save

You likely will be on US23 which is the shortest route from Toledo. Ann Arbor rush hour likely won't be as bad with Covid work from home. You'll have 3 lanes each way on I75 thru Flint and Saginaw and 4 lanes each way from the north side of Flint to Saginaw

Reply to: Memorial Day Traffic - Friday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.