We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accidentally put business name on plane ticket

1 post
Accidentally put business name on plane ticket
Save

Hi this is probably stupid, but I paid for a plane ticket with my business credit card and somehow my name on my credit cards was used for my plane ticket. I just noticed this and my flight leaves in a few weeks. My business name has my first and middle name in it but not my last name. Am I completely screwed? Or will the airline/TSA let me through if I show documentation that I own the business

Hotel Walloon
Hotel Walloon
#1 of 1 hotels in Walloon Lake
Main Street Inn and Suites
Main Street Inn and Suites
#1 of 12 hotels in Mackinac Island
The Harrington Inn
The Harrington Inn
#1 of 1 hotels in Fremont
Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
275 reviews
305 helpful votes
1. Re: Accidentally put business name on plane ticket
Save

I wouldn't rely on advice from a forum to plan to just show up. Call the airline ASAP and see what they can do to change the reservation. Within a few days of making the reservation, most would help.

If it has been longer, they may not help, because this would be a way for a business to book a flight without deciding who they were going to send until later, but you may get someone sympathetic. It will help if you are a regular customer of the airline.

Edited: 1 year ago
Wickenburg, Arizona
Level Contributor
5,379 posts
2. Re: Accidentally put business name on plane ticket
Save

Welcome to the Forums!

While calling the airline is the best idea, there is an "Air Travel" forum for questions like this.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Travel.html

Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
50 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Accidentally put business name on plane ticket
Save

My wife's name is Dianne but it's spelled Diane on her driver's license. Our last domestic flight they almost didn't let her past security. So I'd not assume it will be fine

4. Re: Accidentally put business name on plane ticket

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: February 19, 2021, 1:41 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.