We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

road trip to end at Detroit - Rolling Stones

Madison, Wisconsin
1 post
road trip to end at Detroit - Rolling Stones
Save

I'd like to combine a road trip scenic vacation in Michigan this June that either starts or ends with The Rolling Stones concert in Detroit June 10. Open to drive, fly, ferry, but what should i see or make a separate trip for? Looking at probably a week or longer if needed. Should I stay in the southern Michigan area or do a flight up to Traverse City then road trip south? I've been to Holland, Grand Haven and South Haven before and certainly would like to return to the Morning Star restaurant in Grand Haven!!

Chicago's North...
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
Level Contributor
9,811 posts
337 reviews
342 helpful votes
1. Re: road trip to end at Detroit - Rolling Stones
Save

Maybe take the badger ferry one way, the drive thru da yoop the other.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16,626 posts
857 reviews
580 helpful votes
2. Re: road trip to end at Detroit - Rolling Stones
Save

Like the idea in #1

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
3. Re: road trip to end at Detroit - Rolling Stones
Save

Agree a loop would be the best option. Ferry from Milwaukee to Muskegon (or suffer Chicago traffic) and head south for the southern Lake Michigan beach towns. Shoot across I-94 to Detroit for the concert. Then head north on I-75 to Traverse City, Mackinac area, etc. and head home through the UP. I would want two weeks for that.

If you really do want to do a one-way I would fly to DTW and get a one way rental car. Hit the concert then head up north and home through the UP. Less driving but also less you can see.

Beware, based on another thread here, that Detroit hotel prices are sky high for the concert since the auto show is also going on that week.

4. Re: road trip to end at Detroit - Rolling Stones

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: February 18, 2021, 2:40 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.