I will be visiting family in Michigan the last week in July with my husband and 2 daughters, ages 14 and 18. We have 3 destinations:
1. Petoskey, to visit my brother,
2. Grand Rapids, to visit my other brother,
So far we know that Detroit will be our last stop, and we’ll fly home from Detroit airport.
But I’m struggling with where to start the trip... options are:
1. Traverse City —> Petoskey —> Detroit
(fly into Traverse City, drive up to Petoskey - perhaps stopping somewhere scenic along the way. Spend a few days in Petoskey, then drive to Grand Rapids for a day or so, then onto Detroit).
2. Grand Rapids —> Petoskey —> Detroit
(fly into Grand Rapids, visit for a day. Then drive up to Petoskey - perhaps stopping ‘somewhere scenic’ along the way, stay a few days in Petoskey, then drive down to Detroit - again perhaps stopping for a daytrip somewhere along the way.
I would love suggestions/advice etc on ...
1. Which option sounds best?
2. Ideas for brief ‘daytrips’ (or even an overnight trip) between:
- Grand Rapids and Petoskey,
- Traverse City and Petoskey
- Petoskey and Detroit