We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PALM SPRINGS - aerial tram questions

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
898 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
PALM SPRINGS - aerial tram questions

Would appreciate your knowledge. One thing I haven’t done in Palm Springs is the aerial tram. So when I’m there around the end of October 2018, I thought I’d do this. But in doing some research, I’m very surprised to read some people saying they waited in line for 2 hours for the tram. I do not do well waiting in lines so this could be a deal breaker for me. End of October…what type of wait time would think I should expect.

Also, I use a walker. Is there anything up top that I can do other then restaurants. I can walk far but the trail would have to be somewhat even…i.e. not a lot of rocks or tree roots etc.

Thanks for your help. Have a great day.

Mentioned in this post
Palm Springs
Palm Springs
Greater Palm Springs, CA
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,323 Reviews
from US$105.00*
Free Cancellation
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods, and...
2,582 Reviews
from US$68.00*
Free Cancellation
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods...
1,729 Reviews
from US$121.00*
Free Cancellation
2 replies to this topic
Goldfield, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,879 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PALM SPRINGS - aerial tram questions

You buy a ticket for a specific time to board the tram. So I don't see why anyone would have to wait 2 hours for anything.

If you are mobility impaired he tram I think they might give you priority boarding privilges.

Once you get off the tram at the top, you can walk around the buildings up there, or walk down a long paved ramp with switchbacks to enter Mount San Jacinto State Park. There are short easy trails in the immediate area that take you to viewpoints. Very little or no elevation gain/loss. I'm not sure how the trails would be with a walker though. They are dirt trails.

Remember that it is significantly cooler at the top of the tram than at the bottom. They post the current top and bottom temperatures at the bottom station. So be prepared for cold at the top especially at the end of October.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,530 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PALM SPRINGS - aerial tram questions

The people who waited in line for two hours probably did not make a reservation online before they went to the Tram. I don't think they will give you priority boarding if you arrive at 9:45 for your 10 am ticket time, but you might ask.

How are you getting there and back, using Uber or calling for a taxi?

Reply to: PALM SPRINGS - aerial tram questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted