We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do - Los angeles October

Level Contributor
78 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
What to do - Los angeles October

hello my girlfriend and i from the UK are going to los angeles for 7 days in mid october. we are staying in the manhattan beach area at the best western plus hotel with breakfast included. we have the universal studios tour booked but nothing else yet.we also have a rented a ford mustang.

the questions i have are as per below.

will 2000 dollars be enough for 2 people for food and things to do we are not there to party.

any ideas for places to go and attractions etc

where do the locals drink and eat where we can get the americans feel rather than the tourism (if that exists)

Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
56,848 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do - Los angeles October

Head to the Los Angeles forum and read the top questions please. This is the Ca forum

Well 2000 is fine for food plus what things are you doing ? How does one guess ?

You can spend the same as in say London. But instead or pounds think dollars

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,423 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do - Los angeles October

Where did you book in Manhattan Beach? I am familiar with the hotels and can suggest restaurants. In the downtown area around the Pier are dozens of local cafes, bars and restaurants. Locals eat at The Kettle, (open 24/7), Ocean View Cafe, Simmzys for burgers & beer, Fonz's for Seafood & Steak, Sharks Cove and our local dive bars Ercoles/Erk's and Shellback Tavern.

You will love having a Mustang convertible at the beach, and safely parking it underground at the BW at night. Make sure your room is the backside of the courtyard. Across the street is MB Bread & Bagel. Fresh sandwiches to take to the beach. You can take a ride south to Palos Verdes hills along the water with the top down. Maybe stop at the Terrana Resort for lunch at Nelson's Restaurant, with a view of the ocean. Continue to the Glass Chaple designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. It's a quick free stop to take some lovely photos.

Walk out on the MB Pier to watch the surfers and volleyball players, lots of young people around

Reply to: What to do - Los angeles October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted