We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran Resort & Spa

Erie, Colorado
3 posts
Catamaran Resort & Spa

Let me start off by saying that this is the second time we have stayed here because we truly loved the place so much the first time. It's beautiful, it's full of activities, and it's just the best place we've ever stayed in San Diego. We just returned from our trip a week ago. And for the most part the trip was perfect. Once again, loved the Catamaran and I always have recommended it up until now. As we boarded the plane to return home my child discovered that her head was covered in lice and eggs! We literally had to calm her down so we wouldn't be kicked off the plane. Once we landed home our first stop was to a Walgreen's to buy the lice removal treatment. I spent the next 4 hours after arriving home at 8:00 in the evening going thru her hair trying to remove as much as I could. After the treatment there were no more live ones, but tons of eggs! We are still going through her hair every two days until we make sure all the eggs are gone upon the advice of the pediatrician. I immediately called the Catamaran once we arrived home while I was cleaning my child's hair. They were very apologetic on the phone. They said there was not a manager there at the time, but our information would be passed on to the manager the next morning along with security so that they could check out the room. Sadly, we NEVER received a call back, an email, a text, nothing. While I understand that this is probably something that happens quite commonly and I'm not upset by the fact that my child ended up with lice, I am very disappointed in the fact that I received no contact from the Catamaran whatsoever. We try and get to San Diego once every couple of years. And I'm sorry to say that we won't be staying at the Catamaran ever again, nor will we be recommending it to our many friends who ask us where to stay. All it would have taken was a little customer service, but instead they chose to ignore the problem and lose a loyal customer. I actually hope they did look into it even though they didn't call us back so that no other customers were infested. Thumbs down!!!!!

3 replies to this topic
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
68,224 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Catamaran Resort & Spa

Wondering why you would assume that lice came from the hotel?

Children get it all the time from other children at school.

She could have picked it up anywhere.

Erie, Colorado
3 posts
2. Re: Catamaran Resort & Spa

She didn't have it before we went there. Besides, that was not the point. My point was I understand kids get lice. I was disappointed in the customer service. I wasn't asking for anything extra or free, I just wanted to be acknowledged.

Laguna Beach, CA
Level Contributor
2,671 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Catamaran Resort & Spa

Maybe they checked the room and found no sign of lice? If the lice had been there long enough to lay eggs maybe you brought the lice with you.

Without evidence I think it is wrong to smear the hotel on your assumptions.

Reply to: Catamaran Resort & Spa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted