We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star 1

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
119 reviews
Star 1

Well.. i was about to book accomodation for our trip to \Vilnius next March but thought I would just check flight times online... low and behold Star 1 has filed for bankruptcy!

This happened in October - cant believe no one in Lithuania put anything on this forum?

Now the hard slog to try and get our money back!

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
352 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: Star 1

Yes, indeed they went bankrupt. I suppose you booked using a credit card, so that should be no problem for you getting the money back - contact your bank and it should be fine.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
119 reviews
2. Re: Star 1

Thank you..yes I am waiting on the paperwork.... and hopefully I will gt money back quickly then I can re book... I am still surprised that there hasnt been any mention of this on this web site.....as it was a real convenient (well to me) flight from stansteat=d... I think you said you had used it several times??? what a shame...

Druskininkai...
Level Contributor
123 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: Star 1

Yes, real shame. I had 6 return tickets Vilnius-Milan with Star1. Here I must praise Lithuanian branch of Swedbank, which credit card I used to buy the tickets. They returned all the money back to me. Now I am figuring out again how to go to ski this winter...

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,196 posts
119 reviews
4. Re: Star 1

glad you got your money back so quickly.. I filled my santander form out yesterday and posted back.. hopefully I will receive my money back soo.n.!

Good luck with arrangeing your new travel plans...

5. Re: Star 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: May 21, 2011, 1:21 pm
Get answers to your questions about Vilnius