We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Slovenia during summer?

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
11 helpful votes
Slovenia during summer?
Save

Hello,

I would like to know how war it is in Slovenia during the summer (water good enough for a swim) during end of June start of July?

Is it a good place to spend the summer vacation or rather go to Croatia?

What sandy beaches or/and a location to park can people recommend me ?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
322 reviews
235 helpful votes
1. Re: Slovenia during summer?
Save

Unfortunately Slovenia has a very short coast line and the beaches are not very special. Probably the best beaches are the organized beach in Portoroz and the wild beach below the Strunjan cliffs. There are some other beaches, for example the coastal area between Piran and Fiesa.The water is shallow and warms up fast. Regretably, the sea, although clean, is full of organic particles and the experience is inferior to most other Mediterranean beaches.

Edited: 9 years ago
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
11 helpful votes
2. Re: Slovenia during summer?
Save

thank you for the answer. I'will have to pay Croatia a visit probably :P

Keszthely, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
23 reviews
25 helpful votes
3. Re: Slovenia during summer?
Save

Marjan is right I now live in Piran and have to agree its not the sandy beaches one finds in the Carribean, however just the fact that the coastline is small I think makes the Slovenian people living and working here appreciate it more: I bring groups to Croatia alot since 5 years now but just started bringing them to Slovenia and let me tell you the welcomeing spirit and friendliness of the people here is much more evident than Croatia whichtakes it for granted that tourists will come, while Slovenia is still continualy trying to find new reasons to have tourists visit. I feel Croatia is getting complacent resting on its past few years success while Slovenia, Montenegro, and others are not, curious what my friend Marjan has to say being a native.

4. Re: Slovenia during summer?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: June 22, 2013, 9:16 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.