We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Slovenia

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
8 helpful votes
Weekend in Slovenia
Save

I would be in Slovenia on a weekend in June. My flight lands at Ljubljana airport at 11am on Saturday, and my flight back leave at 10pm on Sunday. The places I was thinking of visiting were :

(a) Bled - I want to spend sufficient time here and try and include Bled Castle as well as a hike up Ojstrica & Osojnica

(b) Postojna Cave & Predjama Castle

(c) Spend some time roaming around in Ljubljana city, if there is time left

Because I want to do so many things in such a short time frame, I want to optimise my itinerary, keeping the costs to the minimum at the same time.

There were a couple of ideas I had, and would like your input on these

1 - I land in Slovenia, take a GoOpti cab to visit the Postojna cave & the Predjama castle. Are there easy connections between the cave and the castle? How do I get back to Ljubljana after visiting the castle? I have already booked a hotel in Ljubljana for Saturday night. If I go ahead with this plan, then I can spend the evening of Saturday in Ljubljana and spend the entire Sunday in the Bled area.

2 - I land in Slovenia and go to Bled. Visit and hike whatever I have to do on Saturday, and then take one of the last buses back from Bled to Ljubljana. Spend the night there, and then take a standard tour of the castle/cave on Sunday morning. Come back by afternoon, see Ljubljana city, and then leave for the airport.

Which do you think is a better plan? And more cost effective as well? Thanks.

Washington/UK...
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
8 reviews
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Weekend in Slovenia
Save

I would rent a car and do all this and more without any problem. If you don't rent, then option two.

2. Re: Weekend in Slovenia

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: May 03, 2018, 1:18 pm
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.