We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Vacation July 2021

Petaluma, California
7 posts
Beach Vacation July 2021
Save

Looking at going to Puerto Rico a week in July, 3 adults and two children aged 6 and 8. Any ideas on best hotel on beach that is family friendly and centrally located (not planning on getting a car). Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
9,620 posts
24 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: Beach Vacation July 2021
Save

PR is very family orientated. Any hotel will do You can Uber or take a cab from just about anywhere in Isla Verde. Check the travel sites and grab your best deal. If you are unsure, come back and ask us for opinions.

Petaluma, California
7 posts
2. Re: Beach Vacation July 2021
Save

Thanks for the info. We are also considering a little further out, maybe renting a place in the Dorado Reef community, since it would give the kids a bit more space (and the adults!) Any thoughts about that area? I'm assuming taxis from the airport would be able to take us there. Or maybe you would recommend hiring a car for the week?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
9,620 posts
24 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: Beach Vacation July 2021
Save

I've always rented a car until recently. There is a shortage and rental rates are ridiculous. Dorado is a bit west of San Juan. Not sure about the availability of Uber as I have not used it from there. When I have stayed in Dorado I always had a car to get around. It will not be as convenient as San Juan. Take a look at the Marriott Courtyard in Isla Verde. It is the last hotel east and next to the public beach. Lots of room. But it is away from the main stirp and a bit of a walk to anything. Uber and Cabs aren't a problem though. In the middle of the Isla Verde strip are the Marbella Condo/Apartment. There are many on VRBO that are very reasonable. If you are going to rent a car and want space and not into much sightseeing. Check out the Copamarina resort in Guanica spacious grounds and very nice. The water is very shallow there and great for the kids. Pretty much everywhere else it's shallow then there is a foot or so drop off. Everywhere will have pool though.

Edited: June 17, 2021, 5:47 am
Reply to: Beach Vacation July 2021
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isla Verde
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.