We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 week houseboat hire from Echuca itinerary suggestions

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
37 reviews
12 helpful votes
1 week houseboat hire from Echuca itinerary suggestions
Save

Hi, looking at houseboat hire for 1 week from Echuca in spring (- late October) . Any suggestions for a 7 day itinerary? We’d like to do some fishing, few nice meals out along the way, and just soaking up the river experience. Thanks in advance !

1 reply
Greater Melbourne...
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
193 reviews
92 helpful votes
1. Re: 1 week houseboat hire from Echuca itinerary suggestions
Save

I haven't taken a houseboat from Echuca, though I'd like to - it looks very inviting.

I can recommend two wineries, both with restaurants, right on the river, with their own docks to tie up to.

They are Morrisons Winery at Moama on the NSW side, and Cape Horn winery, near the confluence with the Goulburn river on the Victorian side. You could time your trip to stop for lunch at either place.

Edited: April 08, 2021, 7:55 am
Reply to: 1 week houseboat hire from Echuca itinerary suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Echuca
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.