We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super Duck/Aqua Duck & other kiddy related things

Brisbane
Level Contributor
18 posts
Super Duck/Aqua Duck & other kiddy related things
Save

Hi everyone,

Would appreciate any info on recent experiences on the Super/Aqua Duck tours and any other reccomendations on fun things to do on the GC with a 2 year old.

We will be staying on the GC for 4 days and have only booked Seaworld (we will only be doing one theme park) thus far.

I have done a search and read up on lots of wonderful and vauable information via this forum and the review section, just thought I'd try and squeeze a 'lil more information out of y'all :)

Thanks!

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
1. Re: Super Duck/Aqua Duck & other kiddy related things
Save

I think the Aqua Duck is nothing overly exciting for adults, but for a young child, I think it's cool that you can go on a duck on land and water.

- Go whale watching as the season is starting soon

- Timezone has some games that might be appropriate - not all though

- Time at the beach!

- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary

- Ferris wheel in Surfers Paradise

Brisbane
Level Contributor
18 posts
2. Re: Super Duck/Aqua Duck & other kiddy related things
Save

Thank you for those suggestions!

The ferris wheel is an excellent idea, I hadn't thought of that.

I did look as whale watching but one company has a minimum age requirement of 3 so I assumed others would be similar.

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
3. Re: Super Duck/Aqua Duck & other kiddy related things
Save

Whales on Paradise allows those 3 and under, but it depends on how your kids will adapt to being out in open water, and not to mention, yourselves, so it may or may not be the best idea.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time on the GC! :)

Edited: 8 years ago
Tokoroa, New Zealand
Level Contributor
10 posts
38 reviews
14 helpful votes
4. Re: Super Duck/Aqua Duck & other kiddy related things
Save

I took my kids when they were 3 and 4 so a bit older but they loved the aqua duck, they also like build a bear, the tigers at dreamworld and feeding the kangaroos, and having pancakes in paradise for breakfast is something they still talk about 2 years later so I guess they enjoyed that aswell.

have fun i'm taking the kids back next year and they cant wait.

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
5. Re: Super Duck/Aqua Duck & other kiddy related things
Save

Not sure if you're interested in this, but there is Jungle Cats Family Fun Restaurant: http://www.junglecats.com.au/ in Broadbeach, which has some play areas in addition to the restaurant. I've never been there, so, can't really comment, but, just thought I'd post it here, just in case.

Living Social currently has a deal for the next four days (for visits from now until 4th September, 2012): http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/381/deals/353158-play-centre-entry-ride-passes-and-drink

Good luck with your planning and have an AMAZING trip! :)

Surfers Paradise...
2 posts
6. Re: Super Duck/Aqua Duck & other kiddy related things
Save

There are tons of fun things to do in the gold coast! I would not recommend going on the Superduck however. My family had a horrible experience with them, the boat broke down and we were stuck in the water for over an hour! We complained, and did not receive a refund nor any type of compensation for our time lost or the inconvenience. We also had a 13month old daughter on board with us (which we had to pay for) and later found out that other groups on our tour were not charged for their infant. Just us! If your family is interested in doing a trip on a duck vehicle, head to Aquaduck. We had friends that went and they spoke nothing but good words about that company.

Sydney, Australia
1 post
7. Re: Super Duck/Aqua Duck & other kiddy related things
Save

Rivers Whale Watching Tours are fantastic, children of all ages are welcome onboard & with every ADULT a CHILD UNDER 12 IS FREE OF CHARGE. The Superduck Tour is very good as well. I took my two children on there today & we had so much fun. The driver & host were very friendly, offering great service & the attractions we saw were a lot more than Aqua Duck. Superduck does a 1.5hr tour & has cheaper pricing - they also go to Broadbeach. None of the other companies do :)

Enjoy your stay as much as we enjoyed ours.

8. Re: Super Duck/Aqua Duck & other kiddy related things

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: August 20, 2013, 5:15 pm
Get answers to your questions about Gold Coast
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.