We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need 3 theme parks but which 3 ? ....

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
707 posts
2 reviews
Need 3 theme parks but which 3 ? ....
Save

I have 2 boys aged 8 and 4. They are not timid at all & love the bigger rides ( heights permitting ). Now, we have done the Disney parks in florida as well as the other parks over there, sea world, universal etc so which would be the best 3 to take them to on the Gold coast ? Also, we will be there in April 16-21st so not sure if it is worth booking for a water park as I'm not even sure if they are open at that time of year or if it will be warm enough ? But the do love the water parks so if it's suitable then I think it would be a good idea but again which one ? I was also undecided as to whether or not to pre book all the tickets online with my fun ? I think that's the website that was coming up or should I wait & pay on the door or is there a

cheaper option ?

Any tips most appreciated

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
24 reviews
21 helpful votes
1. Re: Need 3 theme parks but which 3 ? ....
Save

Hi there,

You've gotta go to Dreamworld! In my opinion its the best theme park.

I have recently just come back from Australia & although I have been to Dreamworld once before, I really wanted to go back there, this time with my Uncle, Aunty & cousins aged 9 & 10. The 9year old was absolutely terrified after the Tower of Terror 2, but they both loved all the other major rides.

I dont know that your 4 year old will be able to go on the big rides due to height restrictions, the 8 year might be ok, but Dreamworld also has a massive kids area with rides appropriate for them. Can't really comment on those as we didnt go on anything in that area - except the bumper cars which was a laugh!

There is also a wildlife area if they are interested in that, which is all included in the entry price. You can walk among & pat kangaroos, & there is also an opportunity to hold a koala (I believe there is an extra charge for this).

I havnt been to the waterpark area of Dreamworld but from what I have seen it looks pretty fun.

Wet & Wild is great for a waterpark option. There are some pretty scary rides there - I went on the new aqua loop & I think I was more scared standing in the capsule of that than I was getting ready for my skydive!!!

Again, not sure on height restrictions here but they should be listed on the websites. Some rides here have weight restrictions - we were weighed before we went on one of the rides.

I thought Movie World was average. There were a couple that were good - the Superman was awesome & was the only ride I went on twice.

You can get a 3 park pass which covers Movie World, Sea World & Wet & Wild, & I got my moneys worth by going to just 2 of the parks.

Unfortunately Dreamworld is a completely seperate park so is not included in this pass.

Hope this helps you a little bit.

qld australia
Level Contributor
272 posts
20 reviews
22 helpful votes
2. Re: Need 3 theme parks but which 3 ? ....
Save

all the parks will be open in april as this is queensland it is still warm then,i agree dreamworld is the best, but value for money you can get a pass for the other three.though you can't take in your own food, they even check your bags to make sure. have fun

qld australia
Level Contributor
272 posts
20 reviews
22 helpful votes
3. Re: Need 3 theme parks but which 3 ? ....
Save

all the parks will be open in april as this is queensland it is still warm then,i agree dreamworld is the best, but value for money you can get a pass for the other three.though you can't take in your own food, they even check your bags to make sure. have fun

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,360 posts
205 reviews
187 helpful votes
4. Re: Need 3 theme parks but which 3 ? ....
Save

I would choose Dreamworld and Whitewater world as you can go between the two during the day. Wet n Wild is however the best water park and Dreamworld the best Adventure Park. It is a toss up between Seaworld and Movieworld. Your interests in sea life or movies should determine which one you visit. From a personal preference I would choose Movieworld.

You might feel a little let down after visiting the large USA theme parks

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
21 posts
503 reviews
247 helpful votes
5. Re: Need 3 theme parks but which 3 ? ....
Save

Boys aged 8 and 4 won't be allowed on most of the big rides (if any) at Dream World due to the height restrictions.

Having said that - there's still plenty to do in the park for younger kids.

I have a preference for SeaWorld as I love the animals, but they've also just opened a new $6mil waterpark - Castaway Bay with the Sky Fortress and Sky Climb:

http://www.seaworld.com.au/en/Attractions/Rides/Castaway-Bay.aspx

If they just want a water park and rides, then Wet n Wild is probably the pick.

It's defintely worth getting the My Fun pass. There's no cheaper option for turning up and paying at the door.

Pacific Pines...
Level Contributor
12 posts
236 reviews
119 helpful votes
6. Re: Need 3 theme parks but which 3 ? ....
Save

Hi there,

I am not sure whether the kids will be allow in the big rides at Dream World, I know the minimum height for Superman at Movie world is 140cm.

As to which are the best, if you want to hop between thrill rides and water park in the same day is best to go to Dreamworld otherwise I recommend Movie World and Wet 'n wild and why not Sea Wold (which is kinda Sea World San Diego without Shamu and the cast away bay is sort of Pirates shores of Legoland)

April is warm enough for the water parks, they are even open during the winter months (June - August)

I would suggest pre-buying online tickets to avoid waiting times at the gate, consider that April 16th is the start of the school holidays in Queensland and the places get really busy, also try to get there first up (9:30am), you will find that most of the crowd arrive around 11 - noon. I drove pass wet n' wild yesterday and the place was really, really, crowded...

Hope this helps...

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
807 posts
39 reviews
18 helpful votes
7. Re: Need 3 theme parks but which 3 ? ....
Save

all theme parks open year round - the pools etc are heated at Wet 'n' wild during winter.

Just be wary that it is leading up to easter and all parks will be super busy during school holidays. if i were you i would try to go at the beginning of your stay to avoid the crowds a bit.

8. Re: Need 3 theme parks but which 3 ? ....

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: February 17, 2012, 3:16 pm
Get answers to your questions about Gold Coast
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.