We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerodrive Car Rental Queenstown

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
116 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Aerodrive Car Rental Queenstown

Hey guys,

Figured we get a lot of questions about car hire. Used aerodrive for a week and for the price found them to be awesome. Hired a Hyundia 4wd with roof racks and chains at a price about 30% cheaper than I had originally booked with another company.

They are located away from the airport but picked us up in the shuttle very quickly after I gave them a call. This is always less convenient than picking up the car straight at the airport so the price had to be better.

Very new company so check in was a touch slow as they were figuring out all their systems. Got 2 drivers registered on the car for the price quoted which was good. Standard excess was 3k without any protection.

Car was new and only had done 5k. Car was still in brand new condition so looks like the are taking care of them.

Considering what it saved us, I would highly recommend.

Cheers

Chris

28 replies to this topic
Beaudesert...
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Aerodrive Car Rental Queenstown

Hired car in Queenstown for 3 weeks, Dropped off in Christchurch. Was given a Sanyung vehicle with 5500km. Could not fault it and I ran up 5000km. Staff at Queenstown and Christchurch were efficient, friendly and helpful. Transfers at both places were easy to arrange and punctual. Price of about $720 plus insurance was remarkably cheap. Great value and will use again.

Dave from Aus

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Aerodrive Car Rental Queenstown

I checked this company website & the cost for a SUV is NZD600 for 5 days in late Apr (pick up Queenstown, drop-off Christchurch). How do you have such good deal? How long did you book in advance? Thanks a lot.

Seoul
Level Contributor
35 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Aerodrive Car Rental Queenstown

We just returned our aerodrive car. Picked up in Christchurch and dropped off in Queenstown. 18 days rental (2016 Hyundai SUV) plus car seat rental and pocket wifi rental totaled NZ1150. We would highly recommend Aerodrive. They even drove us to the airport in Queenstown in our rental car so that we would still have the car seat and didn't have to move our luggage into their van. Great service.

Eastwood, New South...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Aerodrive Car Rental Queenstown

I just finished our hire from Aerodrive. Apart from being given the wrong keys for our vehicle everything was fantastic. We were looked after by the very efficient staff with a quick pickup from airport and great service.

Can't faulty anything and the price is very competitive.

Will definitely hire with them again and recommend to friends.

Nambucca Heads...
Level Contributor
513 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Aerodrive Car Rental Queenstown

Just returned from Queenstown and we had a hire car from Aero drive,, the people there are fantastic,, would hire from them again,,, only problem is,, we booked a car from Aerodrive via Rentalcars.com,, ,not realising they were an online booking company ...we got the car at a great price from Aerodrive which turned out to be less than booking online through rentalcars.com,, NEVER AGAIN,,, They actually cancelled our booking and we only found out about it on the way to pick up the car,,, Aerodrive did everything possible to sort it out and were extremely helpful,, so no problem using them again,,,,,, just make sure when you book DONT do it through Bookings.com,,, ripoff

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
48 posts
316 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Aerodrive Car Rental Queenstown

A good price on the car and an upgrade for a little extra. We were picked up from the airport promptly and taken to the office at the back of a hotel. The car had quite a few dings and scrapes so took a while to mark them all on the chart.

No problems with our drive.

On return the office paper work was slow and we noted the car had no current registration.

Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Aerodrive Car Rental Queenstown

NOT RECOMMENDABLE AT ALL.

Very disappointed.

Car was far too old ( & 35000km), not well maintained. After 15 days rental I was charged 1 extra day (at top rate of course) for dropping the car 1 hour late. They open at 8am and I dropped 9:10.

Rental isn’t at airport so in Auckland you should considering wasting 30 minutes extra to any other company (15-20min waiting shuttle + 15min trip).

PARA NADA RECOMENDABLE.

Muy decepcionado.

El auto era viejo (con 35000km) y no muy bien mantenido. Luego de 15 días de alquiler me cobraron un día extra (y a la tarifa plena) por devolver el auto 1 hora tarde. Cuando abren a la 8am y lo devuelvo 9:10am.

En Auckland hay que adicionar 30min como mínimo con respecto a las compañías del aeropuerto (15-20min esperando el trasporte y 15 min de viaje).

Personal poco amigable, una rareza para NZ.

Me hubiese salido más barato contratar una compañía sería.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
53 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Aerodrive Car Rental Queenstown

Ladies and gents, just returned from a 10 day holiday in Queenstown and I used Aerodrive. Lets just say after reading all of the comments posted here I was a little nervous. But after this trip I am so glad I used them. They were great. Ended up getting a complimentary upgrade. Their service was excellent. Their prices even better. The car that we got was in excellent condition and perfect for our trip! Cant rate these guys highly enough. their complimentary shuttle was on time and effecient. will definitely use this company again.

Reply to: Aerodrive Car Rental Queenstown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Queenstown