We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apex Car rentals - Terrible customer service

Meekatharra...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Apex Car rentals - Terrible customer service

We recently hired a car from Apex rentals in Queenstown Airport. We had a lovely lady collect us from the airport, we dealt with a fantastic customer services agent named Katie and the car did its job - it got us to and from the mountain.

Upon returning the car we had to drop the keys down a chute as it was an early morning drop off. (5am) As we dropped the keys in the chute we realized we had left our go pro camera in the car under the seat. (you could see the black handle still) Unfortunately we had to get on our plane and as it was so early there was no-one to speak to. We thought its OK we'll just call them when we land - which we did.

We were pushed from pillar to post for a total of 6 days! The manager made no effort to speak to us, poor Katie the lovely Customer services agent had to relay messages from the unseen manager.

Its now 6 days later and we have finally been told 'it's not there!' which it was when we left the car.

I feel sad for the workers who are employed there- I hope they don't have anything taken from them.

As for the manager who thought it was OK to constantly shrug off our plight A managers job is to handle these situations with customers. The eventual email we received once the police and superiors were mentioned only go to show that there was some realization that our mater had been handled ineffectively.

If you wish to hire a car in Queenstown use another company.

3 replies to this topic
New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
29,910 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apex Car rentals - Terrible customer service

I really feel for you. This is terrible customer care. Doubly sad as I like to think Apex really cares for it's customers.

Will your travel insurance cover the loss?

Meekatharra...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apex Car rentals - Terrible customer service

Apparently not as it was our fault for leaving it in the car... Seems harsh for a mistake and makes me wonder why insurance companies even exist. Its photos and videos we are more upset about...

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
29,910 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apex Car rentals - Terrible customer service

bummer - that is indeed sad...

Reply to: Apex Car rentals - Terrible customer service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted