We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Days Tour or just Day tours?

Sungai Buloh...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
10 Days Tour or just Day tours?
Save

Hi,

I will be travelling around Tasmania alone in the month of July. My dilemma is whether should I sign up for a package tour or just go around by myself. I planned to visit the whole of Tasmania including Cataract Gorge, Bay of Fires, Bruny Island, Mount Wellington and etc.

Would it be cheaper to sign up for a tour that includes everything?

Any suggestions or sharing of experience will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Tasmania, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
37,631 posts
67 reviews
303 helpful votes
1. Re: 10 Days Tour or just Day tours?
Save

The alternatives are to join a tour or to rent your own car. Relying on public transport to get around is not viable.

So, of those two, joining a tour is least effort, but you get what your given. Drive yourself and you can where you want. However, a tour is also able to cover more distances than you could driving alone.

Take a browse through the websites of the tour companies listed on this page: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g255097-s407/Hobart:Australia:Day.Trips.html

Luigi

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Devon
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
206 reviews
270 helpful votes
2. Re: 10 Days Tour or just Day tours?
Save

I'm thinking of going to Tasmania in October/November this year and am faced with the same problem.

If you decide to go down the guided tour route also have a look at www.tasmaniatours.com.au which appear to offer a wide range of tours and before anyone asks I have no connection with the company, have never visited Tasmania and don't know anyone who lives there.

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,982 posts
46 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: 10 Days Tour or just Day tours?
Save

Day tours are not a practical way to see much of Tasmania - the distances are just too great. We hired a car and would highly recommend that option. If you do this consider flying into Launceston and out of Hobart or vice versa to cut down driving time.

Otherwise a tour is the way to go.

4. Re: 10 Days Tour or just Day tours?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: May 05, 2016, 1:15 pm
Get answers to your questions about Hobart
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.