We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget accommodation in Hobart

Sydney
Level Contributor
293 posts
14 reviews
46 helpful votes
Budget accommodation in Hobart
Save

Can anyone recommend something? Preferably in the city centre or close to the Wrest Point complex, for mid-October for 6 nights. I'd prefer a single room, and a private bathroom.

Best value hotels in Hobart
MACq 01 Hotel
MACq 01 Hotel
#2 of 45 hotels in Hobart
The Henry Jones Art Hotel
Clydesdale Manor
Clydesdale Manor
#7 of 45 hotels in Hobart
Mornington...
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
31 reviews
76 helpful votes
1. Re: Budget accommodation in Hobart
Save

have al ook at www.yha.com.au, youth hostels, may help. Lil xx

Sydney
Level Contributor
293 posts
14 reviews
46 helpful votes
2. Re: Budget accommodation in Hobart
Save

Thanks Lil, I'll check there.

Tasmania
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: Budget accommodation in Hobart
Save

There's a small motel almost opposite the Wrest Point complex called motel 429. The views are gorgeous, as it looks out over the river and a heritage jetty that people use for post-wedding-ceremony photos. A colleague of mine who stayed there recently said that the management is helpful and friendly. That way you don't need to stay at Wrest Point but can visit; Wrest Point is not to everyone's tastes:)

Tasmania
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
17 helpful votes
4. Re: Budget accommodation in Hobart
Save

Also check out the following which offers backbacker accommodation androoms with en-suite bathrooms. It's extremely well located, near the wharf area and city.

Montgomery's Private Hotel

Address: 9 Argyle St, Hobart TAS 7000

Sydney
Level Contributor
293 posts
14 reviews
46 helpful votes
5. Re: Budget accommodation in Hobart
Save

Ta! Will check that out too.

australia
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Budget accommodation in Hobart
Save

check www.wotif.com.au for Hobart...anything in Hobart city, Battery Point of Sandy Bay would be in your area.....motels are reasonably priced in Oct before the tourist season starts.

Burnie, Australia
Level Contributor
113 posts
26 reviews
42 helpful votes
7. Re: Budget accommodation in Hobart
Save

Hi,

Not sure how much you wanted to spend, or if you've already found something, but i've stayed at the Prince Hotel in the heart of the city a couple times and found that to be cheaply priced and comfortable. I think it's been recently renovated, so not sure what prices are now or what the rooms are like (hopefully better!)

Good luck!

Cheers

Lyn

8. Re: Budget accommodation in Hobart

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: August 19, 2009, 8:19 pm
Get answers to your questions about Hobart
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.