We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Coast Accommodation

Newcastle, Australia
1 post
East Coast Accommodation
Save

We are looking to spend three nights on the East Coast. Can anyone advise on the following?

1. Is Rose Cottage (twenty minutes south of Swansea) still an accommodation option? We stayed there in 1978 and loved it - would like to return.

2. is it appropriate to base oneself in Bicheno and see most of the best East Coast wonders from that base?

Many thanks

MD

Edited: 8 years ago
Best value hotels in Hobart
MACq 01 Hotel
MACq 01 Hotel
#2 of 45 hotels in Hobart
The Henry Jones Art Hotel
Clydesdale Manor
Clydesdale Manor
#7 of 45 hotels in Hobart
Tasmania, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
37,631 posts
67 reviews
303 helpful votes
1. Re: East Coast Accommodation
Save

Bicheno is a good base for the east coast.

Rose Cottage seems to have vanished.

Luigi

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
34 reviews
23 helpful votes
2. Re: East Coast Accommodation
Save

I agree with Luigi. We recently spent two days in Coles Bay and then two in St Helens. Although we had a great time I think if I were to do it again I would consider staying perhaps four days in Bicheno and making day trips from there. Bicheno was very pretty and had a real holiday atmosphere when we passed through. It also seemed to have better eating options and services than either Coles Bay and St Helens.

3. Re: East Coast Accommodation

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: May 05, 2013, 3:15 pm
4. Re: East Coast Accommodation

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: January 07, 2014, 10:17 am
Get answers to your questions about Hobart
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.