We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation in Hobart.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
2 reviews
Accomodation in Hobart.
Save

I have my wife and my 3 children age 10, 9 and 4 visiting Hobart 6 nights during November, would like to seet your best advise of a place to stay for 5 of us. Only particular of not separating my children from us to another room, a family suit with a king size bed and 2 single beds would be best if possible.

Tasmania, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
37,610 posts
67 reviews
303 helpful votes
1. Re: Accomodation in Hobart.
Save

There are several places with family suites. Try Fountainside or St Ives.

And you can use a website like wotif and specify numbers of adults and children. www.wotif.com

Luigi

2. Re: Accomodation in Hobart.

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: May 24, 2017, 6:00 pm
Level Contributor
27 posts
121 reviews
63 helpful votes
3. Re: Accomodation in Hobart.
Save

We recently stayed at St Ives with our two teenage boys, we had a great unit I highly recommend them. It was a two bedroom unit over two floors with awesome views.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
33,062 posts
2,532 reviews
31,970 helpful votes
4. Re: Accomodation in Hobart.
Save

Hi,

Depending on your budget ? We usually stay at Sullivan Apartments & find them to be excellent. The apartment is very modern & fab for a family with 2 bedrooms - large kitchen & 2 bathrooms.

See review below with pics.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g255097-d1106577-r81909036-Sullivans_Cove_Apartments-Hobart_Tasmania.html

Tasmania
Level Contributor
479 posts
19 reviews
15 helpful votes
5. Re: Accomodation in Hobart.
Save

Another two options are Salamanca Inn and Hotel Collins. I have stayed at both and found them both excellent - maybe a bit pricier depending on what deal you get online. Hotel Collins was able to comfortably accommodate three adults and two children (two bedrooms with connecting hallway and one sleeping in the lounge area, plus a little kitchen). Salamanca Inn was good for a main hotel room with queen bed, living space and kitchenette, plus a separate room with a bunk bed.

Another option, which can work out cheaper, is to stay in a short stay rental (via stayz.com.au or rent-a-home,com.au or similar). We did this on our most recent trip to the capital and had our own little cottage with two bedrooms, huge bathroom with washing machine/dryer, kitchen, loungeroom, verandah - and at $290 a night on the first weekend of the school holidays. You'd be hard pressed to get two interconnecting hotel rooms for that price in Hobart.

Lani

SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
287 reviews
249 helpful votes
6. Re: Accomodation in Hobart.
Save

The Rydges hotel that KittyKat stayed at sure doesnt sound like the one we stayed at ! First of all it is out of the way - so you have to drive everywhere. We stayed in a heritage room, so everything is old, especially the bathroom, the restaurant - the food was just passable at best. There are heaps of better choices to stay in Hobart than this Rydges - which was the worst Rydges I have ever stayed in.

Tasmania, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
37,610 posts
67 reviews
303 helpful votes
7. Re: Accomodation in Hobart.
Save

Yes, Rydges in North Hobart is a very long way out of the city. Well beyond walking distance of anything.

But you can't have stayed at Rydes Lakeside in Canberra, Rojaan. It takes the cake, IMO.

8. Re: Accomodation in Hobart.

Tripadvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: May 24, 2017, 6:00 pm
9. Re: Accomodation in Hobart.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: October 26, 2012, 9:17 am
Get answers to your questions about Hobart
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.