We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hobart accomodation

sunshine coast
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
19 helpful votes
hobart accomodation
Save

I am looking for clean and comfy accomodation pools and gyms not required a view would be great.

I have 2 days in september.

any ideas would be great

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
33,062 posts
2,532 reviews
31,970 helpful votes
1. Re: hobart accomodation
Save

I guess it depends on your budget.

have a look on www.wotif.com.au for an overview on what is available in Hobart for your budget.

For views, you have :

Somerset on Salamanca

Grand Chancellor Hotel

Zero Davy Apartments

Somerset on the Pier

For something special:

The Henry Jones Art Hotel.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
711 posts
106 reviews
161 helpful votes
2. Re: hobart accomodation
Save

For clean, comfortable, convenient and good value, check out the Fountainside Hotel. It has good reviews on TA.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
3. Re: hobart accomodation
Save

All those mentioned by Ellemay have water views (depending on the room) as they are situated within spitting distance of the Sullivans Cove area.

i can personally recommend Henry Jones (exxy but oh-so nice) & Somerset on the Pier (literally; it's on the water...can be noisy due to water craft). Zero Davey is situated beside Henry Jones and could be cheaper option (still not really cheap tho!).

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
130 reviews
234 helpful votes
4. Re: hobart accomodation
Save

I would stay at the somerset on the Pier - it depends your bugget - it would not be noisy in September.

Unless you really are on a minute budget I would never stay at the fountain view - yuck!

Suzi

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
130 reviews
234 helpful votes
5. Re: hobart accomodation
Save

I mean the Fountainside Hotel

sunshine coast
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
19 helpful votes
6. Re: hobart accomodation
Save

Thanks think i will try sommerset on the pier.

Which is more scenic the drive out to Port arthur or south to Huonville?

Will it be too cold for bush walking early Sept?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
7. Re: hobart accomodation
Save

Just out of curiosity SuziiW, how can you be sure the Somerset wont be noisy in September? I find that a somewhat ambitious claim and I am wondering: is there are time table? (yep, Im seriously asking that).

Just last week there was a dirty great big red ship of some sort moored directly across from the hotel. I've also stayed there when there's been other ships docked and their generators going all night/loading and various other comings and goings...including an Antarctic vessel of some description. There was a wedding once and they had their yacht (and party) downstairs ready to sail in to the moonlight. Granted none happened in September but I am very curious to know why that month is quiet! ;-)

Kyogle, Australia
Level Contributor
600 posts
16 reviews
36 helpful votes
8. Re: hobart accomodation
Save

Hi, Re bushwalking query.

Depending on where you are talking about, you have to remember, that tassie is notorious for having 4 seaasons in one day, at any time of the year and this will vary depending on what part of the island you are currently on. I am returning in 7 sleeps (with 3 other adults) and we intend to be doing a fair bit of hiking during our 13 days stay. (weather premitting) I know BRRRRRRRR it will be cold, considering alot of regions experienced snow last week. Our 2 previous trips were in the month of Feb and even then we experienced very cold weather and were wearing our almost snow proof jackets. A 6 hr walk/hike around and over Mt Roland near Sheffield had our hands almost frost bitten (it felt like it) as we had forgotten our gloves that day.

In other words, be prepared. If in doubt check out the national parks site www.parks.tas.gov au. they have good writeups on all the parks, and usually give suggestions on type of clothing to be wearing depending on the length of the walk. Obviously the west coast is far more brezzier than the east, and up in the middle of tassie it is alpine, therefore can be cool at all time.

Hope this helps.Cheers

sunshine coast
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
19 helpful votes
9. Re: hobart accomodation
Save

thanks very helpful.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,748 posts
130 reviews
234 helpful votes
10. Re: hobart accomodation
Save

Hi Adelaide74

Nothing happens in September and it is quiet because it is sub Antarctic outside - that big orange ship you referred to is straight from the Antarctic - like our weather!!

Get answers to your questions about Hobart
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.