We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Seaworld Resort - logistical questions!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
33 reviews
20 helpful votes
Staying at Seaworld Resort - logistical questions!
Save

What's the best way to get there from gold coast airport? Do i need to book a shuttle, or do i just grab one at the airport (in these covid times i worry about not booking everything!)?

And am i fine just catching shuttles to movie world etc rather than having a hire car? I'm resisting getting a hire car because i hear parking at seaworld resort is tough and you usually end up out at the seaworld park and walking back, which hubby would NOT be impressed at.

And what's the best places to eat? Should I just stay at the resort for breakfast/dinner or is there better nearby options?

6 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
12,501 posts
398 reviews
148 helpful votes
1. Re: Staying at Seaworld Resort - logistical questions!
Save

You can take a shuttle or it's probably easier to just order an Uber. If you want to go with a shuttle, you need to book one in advance as they meet your flight.

Skybus services are currently suspended.

To get to Movieworld, you can take train, tram or bus:

https://movieworld.com.au/park-info/park-map-directions

You can organise shuttle transfers between each of the theme parks, but it's much more expensive:

https://www.con-x-ion.com/app/web/themepark

Again, Uber might be a cheaper option.

>>what's the best places to eat?<<

There are plenty of places to eat on the Gold Coast. IMHO, whatever you find at the resort will be rubbish by comparison, and certainly more expensive.

Of course, all of this may change with coronavirus restrictions

Edited: March 26, 2021, 6:46 pm
Hunter Valley...
Level Contributor
480 posts
2. Re: Staying at Seaworld Resort - logistical questions!
Save

From SeaWorld Resort, I wouldn’t rely on shuttles and public transport. You’re looking at $40 to $50 with a rideshare, assuming standard car and no surge pricing, from the airport to SeaWorld, probably more for each return trip to the other parks. So do yourself a favour and get a car. Even if parking is full, you can drop your bags at reception then go park in the parking lot or along SeaWorld Drive. Having one will save you heaps of time getting place to place from the resort as you’ll have to change shuttles, trains, trams etc getting to and from there. I’m sure hubby will hate that even more than a 3-5 min walk to the car. Plus there’s nothing like been able to duck out to the car to put something in/retrieve something from the boot when at a theme park, shopping centres/ or Outlet.

As for nearby dining options, there are a number of good options for all budgets at the Marina just across the street from the Sheraton Mirage. It’s about a 20 min walk or parking is available there. There is also the Sheraton itself and Palazzo Versace. There are also good cheap Asian options under the Hilton near Cavill Avenue, think it’s just called Cavill Lane but someone will correct me if I haven’t remembered that correctly. Plenty of other options as well of course, those are just some close to your hotel or near the main area of Surfers.

Edited: March 26, 2021, 8:15 pm
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
17,374 posts
63 reviews
26 helpful votes
3. Re: Staying at Seaworld Resort - logistical questions!
Save

How long are you staying on the GC? If it’s more than three nights, I’d be hiring a car. The hotel location is right at the northern end, away from the hustle and bustle but away from most of the interesting stuff.

You will save yourself a lot of time, and likely money too, by picking up a car at the airport.

Cheers.

Roy
Level Contributor
504 posts
4. Re: Staying at Seaworld Resort - logistical questions!
Save

The Seaword resort is a bit out of the way and is essentially only convenient for people going to Seaworld.

Public transportation from the airport is pretty convenient, but where you are located it gets inconvenient. Check out translink.com.au for public transportation information. I think you would have to take the 777 bus to Broad Beach, then the tram to Surfers, then another bus to seaworld.

There are shuttle buses you can book online that will drop you at your hotel. You probably don't need to book them in advance, but you can if you want.

As for hiring a car, well you could drop your husband at the hotel and park outside, and walk back if he claims. Seaword is a short taxi/uber ride to things though. It all depends on what you plan to do. You could avoid having a car, and just join tours, but if you want to visit lots of places independently, then hire a car.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
16,811 posts
125 reviews
58 helpful votes
5. Re: Staying at Seaworld Resort - logistical questions!
Save

Re the carpark walk ... what's the difference with all the walking you'll do to bus stops, shuttle stops etc ... how is that more convenient?

At least with a car you don't have to wait 20 mins for it to turn up.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,121 posts
92 reviews
35 helpful votes
6. Re: Staying at Seaworld Resort - logistical questions!
Save

Hi,

We have never had any problem finding a car park at the resort. I imagine it will be easier as there are currently no International tourists there as well. Having a car would be easier & outweigh the benefits than relying on public transport & shuttle buses.

Cheers

Reply to: Staying at Seaworld Resort - logistical questions!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.