We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victorian Travel voucher and Mildura

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
51 reviews
36 helpful votes
Victorian Travel voucher and Mildura
Save

Has anybody used the Victorian Regional travel voucher for Murray River cruises in Mildura. Not getting a definite answer even from 2 phone calls to the vic govt hotline, confused themselves, surprise surprise. The confusion is because we would be boarding on the Victorian side and staying on the boat and not setting foot in NSW but the river is technically NSW so are trying to clarify if the voucher meets the critea for this.

Thanks.

8 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,669 posts
28 reviews
30 helpful votes
1. Re: Victorian Travel voucher and Mildura
Save

If the tour company is a Victorian business with a Victorian address paying Victorian taxes, there should be no confusion

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
51 reviews
36 helpful votes
2. Re: Victorian Travel voucher and Mildura
Save

Thanks Yarramar, that's what we think but when we rang the government hotline they weren't overly convincing, had to spell Mildura so he could look up the map ! We'll contact a couple of the river cruise companies and make sure they're Vic registered.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,669 posts
28 reviews
30 helpful votes
3. Re: Victorian Travel voucher and Mildura
Save

Are you actually surprised that they didn’t have a clue?

Try calling 3AW.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
51 reviews
36 helpful votes
4. Re: Victorian Travel voucher and Mildura
Save

Nope not one bit 🤪

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
7,260 posts
107 reviews
58 helpful votes
5. Re: Victorian Travel voucher and Mildura
Save

It will probably be fine.

I spent 2 nights away twice - once in Feb and once in March, both within the period covered by my voucher. When I applied for the refund, it only allowed me to enter one postcode, not both. I wondered if it would be a problem claiming for two separate trips but it all went through without a snag and I got my $200. 😁

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
51 reviews
36 helpful votes
6. Re: Victorian Travel voucher and Mildura
Save

Thanks Loki but the issue is if the paddlesteamers are considered a VIC tourist attraction or a NSW one. If classed as NSW it won't fit the critea and as we are only staying 2 nights in Mildura some tourist attractions is what we would do to meet the $400 you need to spend. We are then moving onto SA.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,669 posts
28 reviews
30 helpful votes
7. Re: Victorian Travel voucher and Mildura
Save

Dianne, you may have a problem. Although they operate from the wharf in Mildura they are registered and their office is in Buronga NSW across the river. https://connectonline.asic.gov.au/RegistrySearch/faces/landing/bySearchId.jspx?searchId=31867820&searchIdType=BUSN&_adf.ctrl-state=zj7cleur_4

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
51 reviews
36 helpful votes
8. Re: Victorian Travel voucher and Mildura
Save

Thanks again Yarramar, yes we have spoken to them and they are registered in NSW, the other company Mildura Cruises I think is possibly Victoria so waiting to hear back from them.

Reply to: Victorian Travel voucher and Mildura
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.