We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Lucia

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,443 posts
151 reviews
143 helpful votes
Santa Lucia
Save

Thankfully we are able to keep in touch with this beloved area. They are waiting for tourists to come back and looking forward to it. Meanwhile they have been working on some upgrades etc to make our time spent there after covid a good one.

Looking forward to seeing friends again and enjoying the sand, sun and aqua sea.

19 replies to this topic
Stoney Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
17 reviews
34 helpful votes
1. Re: Santa Lucia
Save

I hear you CB, as you know, this has been our second home for 36 years, but that 4 hour bus trip from Holguin is a deal breaker. At our age, 10 hours of travel is just not happening. Unfortunately, there are so many other options for travel to Cuba, unlike years ago, so I fear that flights direct to Camagüey are a thing of the past.

Stoney Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
7 reviews
38 helpful votes
2. Re: Santa Lucia
Save

@1 sail We have only been to Santa Lucia once and quite enjoyed it, if I am not mistaken it was on Canjet from Hamilton to Camaguey!

Stoney Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
17 reviews
34 helpful votes
3. Re: Santa Lucia
Save

Yea Gator, the good old days when we had choices. Now we can’t even get to Camagüey from TO. But we are looking at flying from Hamilton to Cayo Coco when the time is right, 20 minutes to the airport from home works for me.

4. Re: Santa Lucia

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: April 10, 2021, 6:01 am

Stoney Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
7 reviews
38 helpful votes
5. Re: Santa Lucia
Save

We stayed at Mayanabo and even though it poured rain almost the whole week we were they we had a great time, I visited the El Rapido several times as well!

6. Re: Santa Lucia

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: April 10, 2021, 6:03 am

Stoney Creek, Canada
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
7 reviews
38 helpful votes
7. Re: Santa Lucia
Save

I am surprised at how many metal/hardcore fans there are in Cuba, the steroetypical depiction of everyone listening to Guantanamera just isn't the reality! lol

8. Re: Santa Lucia

Removed on: April 10, 2021, 9:18 am

9. Re: Santa Lucia

Removed on: April 11, 2021, 9:48 am

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
682 posts
33 reviews
128 helpful votes
10. Re: Santa Lucia
Save

I certainly hope they don't stop service from Pearson. We usually stay at Brisas but did Mayanabo once which we also enjoyed- very down to earth. From what I remember the Rapido was popular with some of the younger staff. A plus for the area for us is Luna Mar- a good menu and the pizza is terrific.

There's a guitarist who is popular at the resorts in the Holguin area- he's exceptional and does a lot of classic rock and metal- we always look out for him.

Reply to: Santa Lucia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Philippines. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.