We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weggis in mid September

Brighton
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Weggis in mid September

What sort of weather can I expect in mid September. I would expect some rain, some sun, generally an average temperature of 17/18 C?? A nice area to relax for a week??

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
262 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weggis in mid September

September is usually a sunny month, temperatures can be, at some days, as high as in JUL or AUG but often around 20-25 degrees C. Sometimes already some fog in the morning which will clear during the day.

Weggis is a nice village at the Lake Lucerne and September an ideal month for hikes in the mountains, boat trips and so on.

Mentioned in this post
Park Weggis
Park Weggis
613 Reviews
Weggis, Switzerland
Lucerne
Lucerne
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland
Level Contributor
262 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weggis in mid September

From Weggis there is a cable car up to Mount Rigi, a scenic area for walks and hikes. Also accessible by cog wheel trains from Vitznau (neighbour village of Weggis) or Arth Goldau. Up there you will find grazing cows with bells, alpine huts where you can buy cheese. Check the hike from Rigi Scheidegg to Rigi Kulm, breathtaking panorama! Or you can do boat trips on Lake Lucerne, visit Rütli or Stansstad/Stans, Mt. Pilatus, Mt. Stanserhorn, visit the town named Zug, or Lucerne, walk through Hohle Gasse. Or, my favorit, visit Seebodenalp and have a bite at Ruodisegg, an alpine hut where they serve simple snacks and drinks and from where you will have a scenic view. There is a undefined number of activities which can be done. I am proud to call this area my home.

Mentioned in this post
Park Weggis
Park Weggis
613 Reviews
Weggis, Switzerland
Mt. Rigi
Mt. Rigi
1,997 Reviews
Lucerne, Switzerland
Lucerne
Lucerne
Canton of Lucerne, Switzerland
Mount Pilatus
Mount Pilatus
5,121 Reviews
Lucerne, Switzerland
Zug
Zug
Canton of Zug, Switzerland
Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kiev
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weggis in mid September

Weggis is a very ice place for relaxing, starting point for lake and mountain excursions, has some kind of microclimate.

Have a look for instance at meteoblue archive data for September last year - https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Park Weggis
Park Weggis
613 Reviews
Weggis, Switzerland
Brighton
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weggis in mid September

Thanks for your reply. I look forward to my trip.

Reply to: Weggis in mid September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Weggis