We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free parking Arezzo

Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Free parking Arezzo

We're staying in Arezzo for 2 nights and the acommodation we've booked has free parking which sounded great but I've just discovered that it's in the ZTL - didnt know anything about it!

Considering finding free parking outside the walls but would need to be ok overnight - any ideas?

Our accommodation is at Via Delia Fontanella.

Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,795 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free parking Arezzo

Karen, first check with the hotel for they may well have an arrangement with the local authorities whereby they give them your plate details, confirm you are a guest staying at the hotel and thereby have you authorised to drive into the ZTL. Lots of hoteliers and even apartment owners near me can do that.

Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free parking Arezzo

That's great! Thank you I will do that (although this is a rental car so i don't have a registration number yet).

Thanks again

Karen

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,795 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free parking Arezzo

Karen, I wouldn't worry, whenever I drive into Florence and stay at a hotel that uses a garage with the same arrangement, I never give them my licence plate in advance, the guy from the garage makes a note of it and then has the ZTL entry negated somehow. I would be very surprised and disappointed if your hotel in Arezzo can't do the same. Lovely town incidentally with some great shops as well as plenty of art and architecture.

Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free parking Arezzo

Thanks, that comforting - I've emailed the apartment so I'll wait and see what they say. I'm not used to driving abroad so a bit nervous anyway and when I saw that this morning I went into panic mode! Really looking forward to it, it's somewhere I've always wanted to go.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
12,035 posts
536 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Free parking Arezzo

I totally agree with Lastraniera.

However should they not give you a pass I suggest Parcheggio Pietri:

…arezzo.it/il-comune/ufficio-mobilita/mappe/…

It's just outside the city walls, behind the Cathedral and mobile stairs take you up to the Cathedral and historical part of the town. Part of the parking is a payment parking but 162 places are free.

Bye ☺

Edited: May 25, 2018, 8:51 pm
Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free parking Arezzo

That's fantastic - thank you! At least now I have a back up plan, I cant thank you enough.

Reply to: Free parking Arezzo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted