We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arezzo antique market

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
31 reviews
Arezzo antique market

What are some of your treasures you found at the antique market?

I’m curious, will be going next month.

2 replies to this topic
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
9,258 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Arezzo antique market

The hardest question we’ve had on here for a very long time! Over the years we have bought many items at Arezzo but if one thing stands out I suppose it has to be the 1920s Murano vase we found last winter and that I'm looking at now. It is lovely and so of that period. Of course, it’s all a matter of personal taste and what you find on the day but I’m keen on vintage glassware, linen, clothing so buy lots of wine glasses, decanters, scarves, the occasional bag, even once a coat. My husband hunts for black vinyl, decorative items, silver and books so we tend to concentrate on these but even on days when I don’t find anything (though that’s rare), it’s enormous fun rummaging around for the range of items on sale is massive and so interesting. (Vintage golf clubs, antique faucets, rusting wrought iron wall brackets, anyone? Oh and be prepared for the Nazi memorabilia man …) It’s good that you are coming next month for it’s certainly best to be there between November thru March for prices definitely leap considerably in summer, especially with easy-to-carry items such as vintage scarves, jewellery, silverware, etc. Although we have in the past bought some small pieces, generally, we are a bit wary of buying furniture unless it’s from a stallholder we know for stolen goods do turn up, unfortunately. A woman near me whose isolated vacation home was emptied by thieves of everything down to the showerhead and light switches some years back found some of her own (stolen) furniture in the Arezzo market whilst looking for replacement pieces!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Arezzo antique market

Thank you so very much! Your answer was perfect. Seems I will be “searching” for similar items :)

Can’t wait!

Reply to: Arezzo antique market
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted